Samsung Galaxy S4 Driving Mode turning on with wifi connection!!

docdenver

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The s4 is giving a unique problem, whenever it picks up wifi , the driving mode turns on. It is happening in the night as well when the wifi signal fluctuates?
Any solutions as it is really annoying;-/

sarojw77

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having many problems with my new Samsung Galexy s4 purchased in Thailand. Took it to Samsung service from samsung center at Central Pinkhow where I purchsed my phone with very bad service adviser. after I told my problem with DRIVING MODE TURNED ITSELF ON, the first person said it is impossible as his s4 phone never did that and told me to go to another Samsung center in the same mall. The technician there told me that he would have to download new software again would loose all info. in the the phone.

Anyone out there having same problem with driving mode turning itself on, please help with any advice regarding this problem or PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having many problems with my new Samsung Galexy s4 purchased in Thailand. Took it to Samsung service from samsung center at Central Pinkhow where I purchsed my phone with very bad service adviser. after I told my problem with DRIVING MODE TURNED ITSELF ON, the first person said it is impossible as his s4 phone never did that and told me to go to another Samsung center in the same mall. The technician there told me that he would have to download new software again would loose all info. in the the phone.

Anyone out there having same problem with driving mode turning itself on, please help with any advice regarding this problem or PM me.
Did you review the solution I posted above? Lots of people inadvertantly add their Wifi to "My Places" for Car. In doing so, you are telling your phone that each time you connect to your wifi, your are in your car and hence enable drive mode.

Go to Settings | More |Location Services | My Places | Car and make sure you did NOT select WiFi

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-27-22-57-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-27-22-57-27.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 6

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello, welcome to the forums! :thumbup::D
Have you tried the solution given a few posts back?
Try it and let us know if that helps you.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

sarojw77

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so very much. I just did that . After I turned wife off for car so far driving has not started yet but I wonder , will I be able to get wifi connection while I was in my car when it is turned off for car? thanks again . saroj I hope samsung will train their staff both sell and service to resolve issues. I felt like a fool when I check with samsung center at the mall , they all said that it is unheard of to them. told me to go to service guy who said he will have to redownload my phone again which I will lose all info.
saroj w.

ibafah

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem to my galaxy mega 6.3 and I follow your advices but it doesn't work....Driving Mode is still turning on..:'(
Please help..