Emails disappearing from Gmail accounts on new Galaxy

blueman2

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 POP Gmail accounts. I use thunderbird as my desktop client and set the galaxy stock email program up to receive email from the gmail accounts. The settings are set to pop and to leave email on server. I am also using the "recent:" prefix to put it in recent mode so that I can receive on both desktop and galaxy. At first I wasn't receiving on the phone after they were downloaded with thunderbird. Since adding "recent:" I am definitely receiving the emails on the email client (thunderbird), I can see them in Gmail webmail after they are downloaded and they are appearing in the two gmail accounts I have on my android.

However, when the 2 emails appear (I cc'd the other account in the test email)in my combined inbox on the android (samsung galaxy4 -stock program, one of them immediately vanishes and is not to be found in the dedicated gmail account(A) inbox, in the trash or otherwise. The 2nd email remains in the combined inbox. I was able to open it again and then close it. Then I went to the other dedicated gmail account (B) inbox and it was there but as soon as I closed it, it disappears and is not available in any folder???? Looking back at the online gmail mailboxes for both A & B, the email is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Kate McQ

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem... have had it for the entire year I've had the Galaxy S4. Now I've just bought the Tab S and don't want this to happen there, too. I see there were no replies to your query, but did you ever figure out how to fix this issue yourself?

Thanks.

blueman2

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Do a google search for: "recent" gmail. You need to add recent to the email address. I don't remember exactly how to do it but it worked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa