Photos are blurry when sent through messengers i.e WHATSAPP, KAKAO TALK

mjkey

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a problem when I send photos through whatsapp or other messenger apps. They are very blurry............I use the whatsapp camera function and the photos are SO blurry. However, when i take the same photo using the original camera and view in the gallery, it is crystal clear. When I "share" this crystal clear photo from gallery to whatsapp, it becomes blurry again. I believe the apps are compressing the photos?

Does anyone else have these issues???

I can't share my photos to my friends via any messenger apps since they become so blurry and grainy.......

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Unless you take the picture at a low resolution, they will almost always be compressed by any messaging app for simply being too large. Networks enforce a 600kb or 1MB limit on MMS if the app uses this pipeline. The best methods for lossless pic sharing are uploading to an image service and sharing the link or emailing it. Otherwise if it's strictly internet, look in the settings for any bandwidth saving options.

Arva Rawat

May 3, 2014
Visit site
i m having the same problem and it's seriously annoying me :'( hell stuckkkk with it can't share my pics with friends on whatsapp or facebook...kindly let me know any possible solution of this prob...:'(

Franz Han-gretz

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a problem when I send photos through whatsapp or other messenger apps. They are very blurry............I use the whatsapp camera function and the photos are SO blurry. However, when i take the same photo using the original camera and view in the gallery, it is crystal clear. When I "share" this crystal clear photo from gallery to whatsapp, it becomes blurry again. I believe the apps are compressing the photos?

Does anyone else have these issues???

I can't share my photos to my friends via any messenger apps since they become so blurry and grainy.......

christianeart

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I found the solution for this if you are on android
go and find the "App Settings" on the main application and then turn the Upload HD Photos on and its should be good to go

christianeart

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I found the solution for this if you are on android
go and find the "App Settings" on the main application and then turn the Upload HD Photos on and its should be good to go

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I never had this problem. It doesnt sound like a compression issue unless some kInd of built-in automated image resizer was connected to social network apps?? Why would it be a specific app issue if its doing it with multiple apps? The "blurriness" could be an unfocused or poorly focused image (common on S4's), poorly resized image (very low resolution) or VERY high image compression (excessively low file size for a large image)

Typical photo resolutions run from 1280x960 to 2560x**** etc. Unless the camera took a crappy blurry pic (which the S4 has a nasty tendacy to do), the images wont start looking lower quality unless your file sizes start getting below 120kb (for the above resolutions). Facebook always resizes images in the mobile site (the app resizes unless you select the HD option if it's available). The mobile site doesn't have a resize option. The resized image is usually around 630x900 (never more than 900 vertically). Images dont look too bad unless you start zooming on them. I usually force load the desktop site and then upload. It doesnt resize them to crappy res there. Whatsapp always resized images. I hated that WA would resize to 800x600. I use Telegram Messenger. That app keeps larger images

Is there something i'm not seeing Franz?