Samsung Galaxy S4 - Menu button randomly doesn't work at homescreen?

oildale

May 11, 2013
Visit site
This happens quite infrequently, but when it does it's a real pain. Once in a while I cannot access the main menu when hitting the menu button. The really odd part is that this only happens when I'm on the homescreen. If I can't access the menu, but go into an app, I can access the settings menu or whatever pops up for that particular app when hitting the menu button. Sometimes if I directly open the settings menu through the app drawer I can kickstart the menu button by then using the volume up/down buttons, but not always. In that case my only recourse is to reboot the phone.

I'm on a rooted Canadian Rogers Galaxy S4 running BeanStalk-4.3.1015-20131028-jfltecan ROM and ktoonsez 3.4.68 4.3-AOSP-TMO-11.04.2013 kernel. Although I've had this issue pop up with other ROMs and kernels.

Funnily enough when I went to check the ROM and kernel info, the menu button wasn't working...

oildale

May 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I have finally narrowed it down. The culprit is DashClock. If I use the default lockscreen the phone is fine. Enable DashClock and as soon as I unlock the menu button is dead when on the homescreen. Not really sure where to go from here with this. It doesn't seem like I'm running anything weird here so why this is such an isolated case is rather baffling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress