Asian Apps? Black Unusable Lock Screen? Contacts and Call Log Not Opening? HELP

Hobbknocker

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 GT-I9500 3G and am having a few problems :confused:. (please someone help me!)

First of all, when I turned it on for the first time I found some "apps" in some Asian language, I managed to disable them, but I cannot uninstall them, neither work out what they actually mean / are!

Secondly, I was using the Facebook app, and all of a sudden the phone froze for a bit and then went to the "Android" screen that you see when you are turning on the phone. The android screen continued to appear for at least five minutes, so I turned the phone off. When the phone turned itself back on the lock screen had turned black with a different clock display and I could not see a simple way of unlocking the screen. However I was able to grab the pull down screen from the top and then access the homepage from there. Very weird I know.

Furthermore, just before when I was trying to access my "phone" app to see my call log, I was unable to open it. The same thing happened when I tried to open my contacts, the screen changes as if the app is opening with the accurate coloured background, and then simply closes itself back to the main menu.

Hopefully someone has answers to this as I don't have any warranty, (bit of a dodgy deal :'( ) so I can't send it back without paying a lot of money!
Thankyou!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 GT-I9500 3G and am having a few problems :confused:. (please someone help me!)

First of all, when I turned it on for the first time I found some "apps" in some Asian language, I managed to disable them, but I cannot uninstall them, neither work out what they actually mean / are!

Secondly, I was using the Facebook app, and all of a sudden the phone froze for a bit and then went to the "Android" screen that you see when you are turning on the phone. The android screen continued to appear for at least five minutes, so I turned the phone off. When the phone turned itself back on the lock screen had turned black with a different clock display and I could not see a simple way of unlocking the screen. However I was able to grab the pull down screen from the top and then access the homepage from there. Very weird I know.

Furthermore, just before when I was trying to access my "phone" app to see my call log, I was unable to open it. The same thing happened when I tried to open my contacts, the screen changes as if the app is opening with the accurate coloured background, and then simply closes itself back to the main menu.

Hopefully someone has answers to this as I don't have any warranty, (bit of a dodgy deal :'( ) so I can't send it back without paying a lot of money!
Thankyou!

I would try clearing cache in recovery. See if that helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38