Group contacts and ring tones

Larry Jewell1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
How do u get my group contacts to use the assigned group ring tones, for some reason the default ring tone is the one used unless I have specifically assigned a ring tone to the individual
contact. I never had this kind of trouble with my blackberry....

Posted via Android Central App

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
welcome fellow BlackBerry user! coming from the Bold 9930 myself and can't help but feel a bit overwhelmed with all the settings on an Android device. anyway, this is how I did it...

go into Phone > Contacts > Groups
go into the desired group or create a new one with the Menu button
if you're creating a new group, it should let you choose a group ringtone, if using an already created group press the Menu button and choose 'Edit group' and you should see the option to select group ringtone, as well as add other contacts to this group

Larry Jewell1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.... That is exactly how I set it up, however for some reason the group ringtone is ignored and the default runtime is used

Posted via Android Central App

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I can't find it on my device at the moment, but I believe somewhere in the Applications Manager there's a module for ringtones that would allow you to clear the cache for ringtones... just stumbled upon it recently. If I find it, I'll post back.