Battery drained in 12 hrs (screenshots included)

Morten Bang Jensen

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
- I tried removing a lot of thumbnails to combat the mediaserver drain
- I removed a clock-app that constantly used around 4% cpu
- I tried removing facebook and google now or whatever their weather/intelligent widget is called
- I tried using greenify on everything i could think of.

Today i woke up to a phone that had a depleted its battery more or less overnight with just 30% screen on time.
I did experience the phone lasting 2½ days without a charge during my holidays and that was with 2 hrs screentime and 35% left. That's the kind of performance I'd wish for. The phone is rooted, and I'm using solo launcher, but hardly any customization that aside.

I took SCREENSHOTS of everything that might be important. Maybe you can tell me whats wrong. Under cpu states it says 1khz and only that. Isn't that a bit odd?
I'd like to link screenshots, but no way since links are blocked...... gg

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Two days and a half was an outstanding battery life. Don't know how you obtained that. Normal battery duration (depending on many, many variables) may range between 12 to 18 hours maybe more. Anyway 13 hours seems normal (again depending on many variables).

Maybe some experts here could give you a helpful advice but as a golden rule (that always work for me) switch off gps, don't use battery savers that are scanning the system constantly, turn location services to battery saving power mode and when out of range of wifi turn it off.

That's a pretty standard advice, sure are more advanced ones that someone with more expertise may help you more. Until then good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
12 to 18 hours is about normal battery life. The last time I got 2 days was a Palm phone! I plug my S4 in every night before I go to bed and grab it every morning before I get busy and never have a battery problem. I do not spend a lot of time on the phone during the day but I always have bluetooth ON for use with my hearing aid device!

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Also OP, you seem to be using a lot of battery monitors, uninstall them. You don't need so many. I myself keep only BBS.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non