Will I Need An SD Card for the Galaxy S4?

SDroid15

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
So I'm sure as many of you Galaxy S4 users know, this device only comes in 16GB models. I'm sure that you are also aware that out of the box, this 16GB gets reduced drastically to about 8GB due to stock apps and other factors. What I am undecided on is whether I am going to need an SD card for this device or not.

Leaving my 32GB iPhone behind, after having one for nearly four years I'm sure it will be a big transition in terms of space. I've had just about 8GB of music in my iTunes (not including 3GB's of music from an MP3 app), not many photos & videos, and nearly 50 but never more than 60 apps on my iPhone.

With this type of usage, is it essential that I purchase a 32GB SD card for the device?
Are any of you using this device without an SD card?

Please help!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think you will find that the S4 uses very little of the SD Card. I use my computer to move all photos, music files, movies and backup files to the SD Card to leave more room on the phone for Apps.

Some Apps allow you to use the SD Card for part of the App and data storage. It seems that App developers have not caught up to this idea or they are just too lazy to write apps that use the phone memory efficiently!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699