Why am I getting the Slow Charging error when I'm using the original charger?

PhoenixBRose

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I constantly get the Slow Charging error with the original charger. The weird part is that if I don't plug the charger all the way into the phone then I don't get the error and it charges normally. So this isn't an issue that's stopping me from charging my phone properly as I've figured out a way around it, but I would really like to understand why it's doing it and if there is a bigger issue here that I'm not aware of.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either you're not using the original cable, there's dirt in either the plug on the end of the cable or in the charging port in the phone or one of them is damaged. (If it changes if you wiggle the end of the cable by the phone, take it in for repair soon - a pin on the port isn't making good contact, and every time you move it to make contact it creates a little spark - which can eventually char the board. (The board isn't that expensive, even if the phone weren't still under warranty, but a spark at the wrong time in the wrong place could be bad. Or even disastrous, if you work in the LPG industry and are near some propane fumes when you charge the phone, or something like that.)

Rbrown3012

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The cable that comes with the phone is different than a standard usb to mini cable. A lot of people buy a longer standard cable and find that it almost doubles the charge time. Also, that cheap cable off ebay may have "looser" connector dimensions that are just a little off.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy