I-9502 bought from merimobiles, wont work in the US?

Liora Yukla

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased a dual sim I-9502 from MeriMobiles to use in the US, and got it on Monday morning. I was on Metro PCS and when I went in to change sims the customer rep was having trouble getting the APN's to save, whenever she pressed 'save' the APN screen stayed blank. The phone only read the sim in the GSM slot, did not read it at all in the WCDMA/GSM slot. The phone did have very minimal data connectivity, I could receive calls and I could send and receive text messages, but couldn't make phone calls - the phone said "mobile network not available". I took it to an unlock lab and they couldn't figure it out, they figured the APN's were saving but not showing up on the screen for some reason, and that it must be a frequency issue. Checked the product page on MeriMobiles and saw that customer service said the phone should work on AT&T but might not be the right frequency for T-Mobile. I went to AT&T and switched to them, the problem remains; and now I don't even have text messages nor limited data. The phone reads the sim card and there's signal bars, but it says 'no service'. The AT&T sim works on other phones. MeriMobiles tech support are being unresponsive. Any ideas what to do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to your AT&T store. Ask them where the nearest Device Support Center is. Take the phone there. If they can't get it working on their system, return the phone as defective to MeriMobiles for a refund.