Why does my rooted Galaxy S4 4.4.2 keep resetting my sync and startup apps after every reboot?

A

AC Question

Rooted Galaxy S4 4.4.2 keeps resetting my sync and startup apps after every reboot

Hi everyboy,

I am new to this form and I hope you can help me. I've recently upgraded my rooted galaxy s4 to kitkat 4.4.2 and its been working wonderfully! except!

I have noticed a few things that have been driving me crazy. My contacts app dosn't seem to join accounts automatically anymore. I have to go in there and change something in the samsung or google account to have one contact see another duplicate contact from different accounts like FaceBook, WhatApp, Yahoo and so on..

then i realized that my accounts were not syncing whenever my phone had to be rebooted like if it ran out of juice. I discovered that the sync settings keep changing to default every time my device rebooted, which the default seems to be not to sync contacts. Also, a few apps I have like a wallpaper app, Battery Widget and swiftkey keyboard are not running automatically after reboot which leads me to believe they are suffering the same issue that has something to do with resetting preferences that my device insists to keep to its idea of default.

If anyone has any solutions to this issue i would welcome any ideas.

Thank you in advance!

Markus

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rooted Galaxy S4 4.4.2 keeps resetting my sync and startup apps after every reboot

Hi everyboy,

I am new to this form and I hope you can help me. I've recently upgraded my rooted galaxy s4 to kitkat 4.4.2 and its been working wonderfully! except!

I have noticed a few things that have been driving me crazy. My contacts app dosn't seem to join accounts automatically anymore. I have to go in there and change something in the samsung or google account to have one contact see another duplicate contact from different accounts like FaceBook, WhatApp, Yahoo and so on..

then i realized that my accounts were not syncing whenever my phone had to be rebooted like if it ran out of juice. I discovered that the sync settings keep changing to default every time my device rebooted, which the default seems to be not to sync contacts. Also, a few apps I have like a wallpaper app, Battery Widget and swiftkey keyboard are not running automatically after reboot which leads me to believe they are suffering the same issue that has something to do with resetting preferences that my device insists to keep to its idea of default.

If anyone has any solutions to this issue i would welcome any ideas.

Thank you in advance!

Markus

Could it be the ROM that you flashed? Is it a custom ROM or just like a stock rooted ROM?

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rooted Galaxy S4 4.4.2 keeps resetting my sync and startup apps after every reboot

Hi itguyjax8430,

It was , from what i understood, a stock rooted ROM for my model GT-I9505

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Is there anyway to fix this on the ROM it self? or some kind of app to stream line these issues?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Is there anyway to fix this on the ROM it self? or some kind of app to stream line these issues?

Try downloading the ROM again and ODIN it over the current ROM. It wont delete the data it will just refresh the files on the same ROM. I have done this in the past, if all else fails factory reset and see if it fixes it.

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I tried flashing. then backedup everything and did a factory reset. still nothing. it still doesn't kick off the apps at startup and the sync settings keep changing to default which is no sync.. this is frustrating

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

No luck... is there an app that would set this up or change it directly on rom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty