Rooted s4 (sgh - 1337m) phone bricked, then no wifi and buggy

Andrew Baxter1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
First Id like to say I'm new to all this stuff, rooting, flashing etc... So I don't know all the terms and such.

So I rooted my Galaxy s4 (sgh-1337m) and all was well, I tried to get a program called xmodgames running on my enforcing phone following some steps I found on YouTube. I had to make the xmodgames app a system app so I did that then I cleared my dalvik data as it was one of the steps, it cleared about 12 files then about 1 minute after doing that I got a error telling me a system file was not responding and I rebooted my phone, it wouldn't boot past the Samsung launch screen. So I had to hunt around for some stock firmware, I did that found what I believed to be my stock firmware, put it on and all seemed well, except my WiFi just wouldn't turn on. I tried clearing my data, reformatting it to factory, Download kies and updated it through that and now my phone is a mess, its slow, WiFi still doesn't work, I cant see the task bar at the top where it shows battery status and WiFi status and it locks up on me. At this point I'm downloading a more exact firmware meant for a koodo s4 sgh 1337m which is what I have. I'm downloading the oldest one from 2 years ago as its about when I bought this phone. And I'm going to see if that helps, I also read there are WiFi fixes and modem fixes but I have no idea where to start with those. Also its only my WiFi that doesn't work, Bluetooth, data, phone calls All work.

Andrew Baxter1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Iv done that already. Countless people seem to have had issues getting their wifi working after flashing stock rom, I doubt iv done hardware damage to my phone. Everything works fine except for wifi at this point.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis