Stuck in bootloop. What's my next move?

Natashadawn

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Tried clearing cache and rebooted... still glitches random pink white or black square. Tried factory reset twice... still same reboot with messages. Unfortunately touchwiz has stopped or. Random camera or some other app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You might have to have the stock ROM reflashed. Do you have a Best Buy with a Samsung center near you?

Natashadawn

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
OK thank you... any idea as to why it started to bootloop? So I don't make the same mistake twice... me and my spouse have identical s4... his has had no issues but mine have been endless or so it seems

Posted via the Android Central App

Natashadawn

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Can I do the stock ROM reflash from my phone... I see some other posts that hint at getting it done online... bit my phone is still rebooting itself I want to get it to stop to try DIY it....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can I do the stock ROM reflash from my phone... I see some other posts that hint at getting it done online... bit my phone is still rebooting itself I want to get it to stop to try DIY it....

You can try. I would look at a lot of youtube videos on how to do it. Also, we have a couple guides here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...rom-via-odin-new-interface-2.html#post4641895

The only thing i would have to say is, if you have any questions about any kind of step, ask before doing anything. Flashing a ROM for the incorrect device, or even the correct device, but wrong carrier can render the device useless.

As for stopping the boot loop. Try pulling the battery for a few minutes.

Natashadawn

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet but I found someone a blog about stopping or disabling glance view mk on my application manager and rebooting it stopped the boot loop sort of then I had to disable automatic updates on Google play because it started shutting off because too many apps at once and I updated singularly and it now only glitches and shut off once today so I'm close now I think I may have a virus but I'm still researching... started reading Another thread on here but I can't add the link?

Last edited:

Natashadawn

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Also... I noticed after the updates that the square glitches popping up in the background everywhere on my screen were like the air gesture, and or air view so I turned them on and now those squares stopped popping up