Samsung Galaxy S4 Without Power Button Keeps Restarting??

A

AC Question

Back in Novemeber 2015, my Samsung Galaxy S4 suddenly turned off. It would turn back on and get as far as the Samsung screen before going black again. Nothing would change this. I tried to look up all I could and most of what I found said that it could be a power button problem. Since it is now January and I can't afford to get it fixed (out of warranty, had it for 4 years), I decided to open it up. I was able to remove the power button without damaging anything else and boot the device as suggested by other posts I saw (by holding the down volume button and then plugging it into a USB. Then you hit the down power button again to say "No" to starting in download mode and have your phone restart itself). Now the phone will turn on but it is now restarting every 30 seconds or so. Then it stopped doing that and now while plugged into the USB Samsung charger (through my computer), it is sitting beside me with a Blue LED Indicator light glowing and nothing else happening. Any ideas as to whats up would be great.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! At this point, I'd bring it to a repair shop. Removing the power button didn't seem to help a whole lot, and probably contributed to the problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana