Phone keeps overheating

Pddawes

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
For some reason, just within the last week or so, my phone keeps overheating after being on it for a short time and it seems to only be happening while I'm online. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after a reboot? When you say online, do you mean whenever your mobile data or wi-fi is on, or whenever you're using the browser? How's the cell signal strength?

Pddawes

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your help. I first noticed my phone overheating and then shutting down while I was using Snapchat and had been on that app for a little while, but it hadn't done that previously. Now it's overheating while I'm on Hoobly for a period of time.
I have both a strong wifi and Verizon signal.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some battery stats might be helpful. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between (or wait until it starts overheating). Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Turn off all unneeded apps especially apps that use GPS! Mapping programs usually stay ON when you leave them unless you turn the off. Un mount and remove the sd card. see if the overheating is still happening! It might be time to replace the battery or try another to see if that is the cause of the problem!