at&t S5 frozen at start screen

Jeff Hibdon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an sm-g900a AT&T s5. Its running 4.4.2 it is rooted with towel root . I run android tuner to control cpu speed and battery life. yesterday I did a reboot to stick some settings in android tuner. the phone never left the start screen,, its still says custom but wont go past... It was continueing on to safestrap but wont go there now.... how do I get some stock software on this phone ... I can get to the stock recovery but thats it... It will let me load zip files. I tried installing a zip file of a rom hopeing that would help.. It starts to install and then I get the error E: Footer is wrong
E: signature verification faild... it reboots and sticks at the start screen.... any ideas how do I start over... odin??? bootloader is locked on AT&t s5
any help would be appreciated

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an sm-g900a AT&T s5. Its running 4.4.2 it is rooted with towel root . I run android tuner to control cpu speed and battery life. yesterday I did a reboot to stick some settings in android tuner. the phone never left the start screen,, its still says custom but wont go past... It was continueing on to safestrap but wont go there now.... how do I get some stock software on this phone ... I can get to the stock recovery but thats it... It will let me load zip files. I tried installing a zip file of a rom hopeing that would help.. It starts to install and then I get the error E: Footer is wrong
E: signature verification faild... it reboots and sticks at the start screen.... any ideas how do I start over... odin??? bootloader is locked on AT&t s5
any help would be appreciated
Have you tried a cache wipe? Custom ROMs will not flash on stock recovery - it looks for a verified/signed package before flashing. If cache wipe does not work I bet you loaded bad settings and it's too unstable for the system to load. I would factory reset if cache wiping doesn't work.

Jeff Hibdon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I should have said that before. I tried the cashe wipe and the factory reset. same thing happens It just goes back to the first boot screen.. I have a little bit of experience with a samsung admire. But this phone is different because it cost me $600. Ive used odin before on the admire. Can that work for the S5. Im willing to try anything. thanks for answering so quick.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I should have said that before. I tried the cashe wipe and the factory reset. same thing happens It just goes back to the first boot screen.. I have a little bit of experience with a samsung admire. But this phone is different because it cost me $600. Ive used odin before on the admire. Can that work for the S5. Im willing to try anything. thanks for answering so quick.

Hmm. I would run three factory resets in a row. If that doesn't work take it back where you bought it or call Samsung - there is very little else to do with a locked bootloader. Odin is basically useless for the AT&T and Verizon variants. If it won't boot for you, they'll just send you another one and refurb the main board. Does the Knox warranty void give a 0x1 value?