Is my phone charging TOO fast?

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
So I've only had the S5 since yesterday. After running down the battery today playing with it, I plugged it in to charge. The thing is that it seems to be charging REALLY fast (a percentage point a minute at least). And the screen/back are quite warm. I'm just using the included charger and cable. Maybe this is normal, but my old phone charged much more slowly than this and I want to make sure I'm not frying the battery/internals.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I've only had the S5 since yesterday. After running down the battery today playing with it, I plugged it in to charge. The thing is that it seems to be charging REALLY fast (a percentage point a minute at least). And the screen/back are quite warm. I'm just using the included charger and cable. Maybe this is normal, but my old phone charged much more slowly than this and I want to make sure I'm not frying the batteries/internals.

Percentage point a minute is actually slow for the new charging system on the s5. I think yours is charging too slow.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine charges a percentage point per minute. No complaints here. My S5 charges much faster then my Nexus 4.

Percentage point a minute would mean that it would take 100 minutes to charge from zero. I guarantee you that with the new charging system it would take almost half that time.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89