are we supposed to take that plastic film off the back camera?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How did you end up removing the sticker? I can't seem to lift up an edge.

Posted via Android Central App

If you are sure you have it on and you are careful, you either use a: x-acto blade - a razor blade - a steak knife to gently lift the "very edge" of the sticker, or possibly a fingernail or a pointed toothpick. I have done all at one point or another and all work fine.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If you are sure you have it on and you are careful, you either use a: x-acto blade - a razor blade - a steak knife to gently lift the "very edge" of the sticker, or possibly a fingernail or a pointed toothpick. I have done all at one point or another and all work fine.

I wouldn't suggest that

What I did in the past is to get some strong tape and then stick it on and peel it off

-Sent from Tapatalk

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't suggest that

What I did in the past is to get some strong tape and then stick it on and peel it off

-Sent from Tapatalk

I have no problems doing what I said, I have done that since the days of Palm OS and before - it is is perfectly safe if it is a new blade or a clean steak knife thats not dull or jagged if that is what you are referencing - also a fingernail, or wooden toothpick, definitely won't hurt - after all you are just picking at the very edge - of course you need to take the back cover off to get at it easily - now if the lens where soft plastic I would be careful. Although everyone's skill level and knowledge is different, so you have a point.

Your way with tape will also work and I have done that too - I just happen to do it with whatever I have handy simply because it can be done.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Got mine from AT&T last night and just noticed it today, the plastic covered the whole glass area with the center punched out. I just grabbed some regular scotch tape and pressed it firmly onto the entire are and it lifted it up just fine. I wouldn't use anything with some serious adhesive because it may leave residue on the lens and that will be even more of a pain to get off without smearing it all over.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If there is any smudge on your lens, I find a lens alcohol wipe cleaner works fine - you can clean the camera lens and the complete phone - I use them to clean my eye glasses too. You can get a box at a good price like Sams Club - the brand I like is made by Zeiss "Lens Cleaning Wipe"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

pilotnh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Have to laugh at those who want to leave the plastic on the lens so it doesn't get scratched and ruin the photo quality but all the time are taking pics through a piece of plastic.

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile - phone has the film with the hold punch out. Will likely remove once my case comes in. Pics look great and film doesn't affect it.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Is the plastic film obvious on the back camera? I can't seem to see it even under a magnefying glass? Does it cover the whole camera?

Is this a carrier thing? My Sprint S5 has no sticker on the camera lens.

My Sprint S5 had it. Difficult to see.

Mine never had anything on the lens when i got it.Was bought outright not on contract.

For what it's worth, when I got my S4 I went a little over a month thinking that my camera lens didn't have any plastic on it...but it did. I was perfectly covering the entire lens, so it was really hard to see that it was on there...if it weren't for folks talking about it here on AC, I probably would have never noticed it.

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Does leaving it on affect the image quality?

Yes it does. I didn't know it was there (could not see it) and was disappointed in the images. Realized it was there, took it off, and the image quality improved. It's plastic and it's not optical quality so it does affect the image. Not horribly but enough to notice.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm maybe the store rep took it off? I know when I got my GS3 I felt the sadness of watching the sales person tear off all the protective plastic as they activated the phone. It didn't bother me that the plastic came off, I just wanted to do it like its Christmas morning. Oh well no big deal.

I always tell the sales rep to just hand me the box. I don't even let them take the seal off the box. It really is half the fun, doing all that unwrapping yourself!

;)

GarySanDiego

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I have an S5 from Sprint. The plastic film on the camera has a hole in it allowing photos to have high quality. I think the intent is to leave it on the lens so that it provides a thin layer of protection when you set the phone down on a surface. The surface will touch the plastic film, but it won't touch the center of the lens itself. This plastic film recently came off and is now lost. I wish I could find a replacement for it.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an S5 from Sprint. The plastic film on the camera has a hole in it allowing photos to have high quality. I think the intent is to leave it on the lens so that it provides a thin layer of protection when you set the phone down on a surface. The surface will touch the plastic film, but it won't touch the center of the lens itself. This plastic film recently came off and is now lost. I wish I could find a replacement for it.

You can buy replacement lens covers for about $5

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-22-10-12-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-10-12-38.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa