samsung galaxy s5, contacts won't show for photos when linked

zdez50

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a little need of help as well. I only recently updated to 4.4 and now all my contacts are in list format with no photos nor photo icons. Each entry is really narrow and I have to be precise to tap the right person. I have many uploaded photos for many individuals including linked perfect with my FB. If I do select my contact, their photo is in their profile just fine. I just want it to show like it used to. And it's REALLY PISSING ME OFF! . . . S3 on Verizon

Posted via Android Central App

skranz

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My issue is linking my FB account to my Contact so my FB picture shows in Contacts and so it shows up in 'Messages' when texting. Whoever I'm texting with has a picture but I show up as the standard avatar. How do you do this? Thanks!

skranz

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem.

In my case, the contact pictures are fine but my contact picture won't show up in the message conversation.

Really irritating.

Has anyone come across this before?

Any resolution for this? I'm having the same problem.

CherieBearie

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Has there been any movement on this issue?
I have ensured that all of my contacts are linked to the Facebook contact. This has allowed the picture to show in caller id. However, if the Facebook contact is saved as the default, the picture will not appear in the text messenger application. If I switch the default contact to a locally stored image, it will populate. Any ideas why the facebook sync will work for caller id but not the messaging app?

Tressacamille

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
oh great i just hit that link contacts thing and now i have two entries of each phone number. cancel doesn't cancel it. sigh. how do i get it back to 1 entry per person??:(

lmhmentor

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem.

In my case, the contact pictures are fine but my contact picture won't show up in the message conversation.

Really irritating.

Has anyone come across this before?

Did you find a way to fix this? I'm having the same problem.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Try the app "Sync.ME", in the playstore. It will automatically link your FB and your linked-in contact pics. It's free and does a great job.