Stock Weather Widget not loading anymore.

tazzman2009

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
This morning I got up and for some reason my stock weather widget has went clear and just shows the time. I have delete it and brought it back, I restarted the phone. I have even went in and clear the app data and so on but nothing seem to work. Anyone had this problem before and can tell me how they fixed it? Thanks.

tears0fshad0w

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
You have to go into the app settings and you will see a transparent bar adjustment

Posted via Android Central App

I have the same problem as the author of this post, but I can't get into the app settings to even fix it. I have the s5 from T-Mobile. The icon is even gone from my app draw. But it's there under application manager in settings. Just can't get into the app. Can pull up the widget but can't get into that app to do anything.

Last edited:

Tim Winningham

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing,stock weather only showing time and no background pic.
As JellyJamStudios stated above:
If you go to settings, and then application manager and scroll across the top where you see downloaded,SD Card and so forth, look for Turned off and you should see an app there that is turned off named Unified Daemon, and turn that back on and background should start back working again. Hope this helps. :)

mike jones35

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Going to the applications and going to enabled and turning on Daemon made my stock weather work again on my Note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

sdolphin2284

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Holy s*#t ! I by chance just came across this blog and it just saved my sanity. .The stock weather app on my gear s stopped refreshing in march of 2014 and I finally took it to At&t to have them look it over. After doing a factory reset and replacing the Sim card, they suggested I send it back to Samsung. .i send it in and it came back not fixed. .i sent it right back and they sent me a new one which I received today. .but weather app still not working. .I came across this blog and found out about the Daemon thing and now I'm up and running. .thank you so much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa