Galaxy S5: Lock screen media player - how to disable?

renakins

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I just started getting this error the other day.

I'm not sure if there's an app on my phone that's causing this .. or what?

The lock screen displays what appears to be a media player instead of the normal date & time - I've disabled all the media players on the phone .. but can't seem to figure out what the issue is?

Screen cap below.

Would love to know if anyone's got a solution! .. It's so annoying!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-26-13-19-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-26-13-19-53.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lock screen media player - how to disable?

Do you have a music widget on your home screen? (Pandora, Samsung Music or Google Music)

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
You probably listened to some music and didn't exit the program, just pressed the Home button to get out of it. Check your notification bar to see if you have any apps running. Alternatively, you can press the multi app button to the left of the Home button and Close all to make sure any apps running are closed

The panda has spoken

Hunter Barker

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem. Would love to know an answer. It constantly shows up in my lock screen. If you push the "play" button, music doesn't even play so I don't understand why it appears on the lock screen. I've tried restarting my phone, deleting music apps and still it won't go away

Posted via Android Central App

Michael Tran2

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, I havent noticed this issue, until I recently made the choice to have personalized ringtones.

Which have their own issues in itself, due to not being able to quiet that female voice telling you there is an incoming call from whoever is calling you, but even after disabling personalized ringtones, after a missed call or rejected call, that same music widget bar thingy appears and it stays.

wondering if anyone else here has had made personalized ringtones before this incident began to occur?

Shaamoney

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue but with the smart remote.

Truly cannot believe Android software is so buggy

Michael Tran2

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I figured out my issue, my issue was due to an app I was using called 8tracks, so I guess any external music apps you downloaded might be the cause, so all I did was ran though my apps, turned them on, used it quickly, then forced stop the apps and one by one, it finally came down to my 8tracks app.

Hope this helps the rest of you!

ddsps

May 8, 2014
Visit site
@shaamoney there should be an option in the smart remote app about having it on the lock screen

krappo

May 10, 2014
Visit site
This happens to me only when i have music playing and the player then appears on lock screen.
This to me is very annoying is there any way of the player not going to LS.

many Thanks

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This happens to me only when i have music playing and the player then appears on lock screen.
This to me is very annoying is there any way of the player not going to LS.

many Thanks

I like it there. I can forward a song if I want without unlocking the screen.

Goes away when I force close the app (Amazon Cloud Player doesn't close unless I close automatically, unfortunately).

I haven't had it any other time in my LS.

krappo

May 10, 2014
Visit site

Goes away when I force close the app (Amazon Cloud Player doesn't close unless I close automatically, unfortunately).

very true but i change tracks via switch on headphones line :)

jsta6

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Does your player go to landscape mode when locked? When my screen is locked, I can see and control the player, but it stays in portrait mode.

Michael Mills4

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Had same problem. As someone else indicated it was the 8tracks app causing the issue. I went in to 8tracks settings and deselected the option "enable lockscreen widget". Problem solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty