Backup Assistant for the S5?

darin_n

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I would like to restore all of my backed up contacts (using the verizon backup assistant) onto my new Galaxy S5. The problem is I can't find the application online or on my phone. Can anyone give me a pointer to getting the assistant app or where it might be on my phone?

-Thanks.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to restore all of my backed up contacts (using the verizon backup assistant) onto my new Galaxy S5. The problem is I can't find the application online or on my phone. Can anyone give me a pointer to getting the assistant app or where it might be on my phone?

-Thanks.

Smart switch worked great for me.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

-Thanks.

What phone did you come from?

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Starting with the Kit Kat update on the S4, one can no longer write to an SD card. Thanks Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Starting with the Kit Kat update on the S4, one can no longer write to an SD card. Thanks Samsung.

Random comment considering it has nothing to do with this thread. Also you can thank Google for that, although it still writes, just not in the same way it use too.

To answer the question, backup assistant was replace by Verizon Cloud, which I believe comes pre-installed.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Random comment considering it has nothing to do with this thread. Also you can thank Google for that, although it still writes, just not in the same way it use too.

To answer the question, backup assistant was replace by Verizon Cloud, which I believe comes pre-installed.

True. Left out Google. My understanding though is that the only way one can truly "write" to an SD card now is if you root your phone. You might be able to write on a non-rooted phone but you wouldn?t be able to read/restore it.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
True. Left out Google. My understanding though is that the only way one can truly "write" to an SD card now is if you root your phone. You might be able to write on a non-rooted phone but you wouldn’t be able to read/restore it.

I have been able to move photos back and forth on my S5. I recently even reset the phone and the Apps and photos I had written on the card showed back up in place. Not sure about the S4. I know of the problems that have occurred, and will admit I am not totally up to date on all of them when it comes to the SD card. I am just saying my phone is not rooted (Yet :p), and have not run into some of the issues I have seen, yet anyways.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Moving files back & forth is not a problem on the S4 or S5. However, using backup/restore as an example, you can no longer backup (write) files to an SD card then restore them.

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I tried clearing the cache partition.... the instructions failed to mention it would just completely reset and lose everything.... This is a business phone, so seriously, NOT HAPPY.

I need my contacts asap. I want as much back as possible. I got messages from Verizon back, but how about contacts??

Any updated ideas? So I am NOT switching phones, my current phone was wiped fairly clean, so need to re-add them.
:eek:

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Backup/Restore (read/WRITE) external SD cards went away with 4.0. The only way you can accomplish this now is by rooting your phone. I've heard rumors that 5.x fixes this though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch