s5 s-view case not working

ddsps

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem every now and then, as well as not seeing s - view options under settings/accessories. Unfortunately it's a matter of resetting the phone, then it's back to normal. LAME right? Hopefully the bug will be fixed in the next update, unless some one finds another fix.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem every now and then, as well as not seeing s - view options under settings/accessories. Unfortunately it's a matter of resetting the phone, then it's back to normal. LAME right? Hopefully the bug will be fixed in the next update, unless some one finds another fix.

This is what is happening to me now

I can do wireless charging, but the S-View auto wake on/off screen stops randomly working and only a reboot can fix it.

Even when I go to Settings and accessories, it doesn't show any S-View options till I reboot

I only notice this happening randomly when putting it on the wireless charging pad

-Sent from Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My S5 recognises the View case as the case options only appear in accessories setup panel when it's fitted. The problem I have is that it's not charging with the Samsung Wireless S Charger Pad I've just bought. I'm using the Samsung S5 2A charger, the pad's light appear as the manual but when I place the phone on top the charger doesn't recognise it and of course it doesn't charge.

Any ideas?

I made an assumption that it was a charging case as it had contacts but I guess that's used for the s view functionality. It is an original case. My mistake - looks like I'll need to buy ANOTHER case when the charger version is out!!!

It's already out in the states

Hi. There is no option there for the s view options

Posted via Android Central App
That means your case isn't being recognized at all. Do you have any metal contacts in the back of your case?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Petar Angelkov

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I think i need to post here too, Today a got an S View Cover(case) and its not recognizing it, i checked accessories and nope. Also i dont think it has metal contacts on its back, what can I do ? anyone able to help me?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That isn't an OEM S View case (Samsung). It's probably a knock off. Some it says to go to a website and download info. I had one, totally useless, it was in chinese, LOL. Was really cheap. Now, i am getting original cases from China for 14.99 though Ebay. BUT always make sure they're OEM. It takes 2 weeks to receive, but heck, for that price i can wait. and yes they are OEM I already have 1 and works excellent.

Petar Angelkov

May 22, 2014
Visit site
That isn't an OEM S View case (Samsung). It's probably a knock off. Some it says to go to a website and download info. I had one, totally useless, it was in chinese, LOL. Was really cheap. Now, i am getting original cases from China for 14.99 though Ebay. BUT always make sure they're OEM. It takes 2 weeks to receive, but heck, for that price i can wait. and yes they are OEM I already have 1 and works excellent.

yeah i understand that, but i already got this one, so there is no possible way i can make any use of it?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
unless it provides instructions, in english, with the website and codes, no. It will just be used as a typical cover :(

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I think i need to post here too, Today a got an S View Cover(case) and its not recognizing it, i checked accessories and nope. Also i dont think it has metal contacts on its back, what can I do ? anyone able to help me?

There should be 5 metal contacts

-Sent from Tapatalk

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
5 metal contacts in shape of an L for a wireless charging S View; For your typical S View it should have 2 contacts. The OEM (Samsung) always has a rubber gasket for water resistance also,

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
5 metal contacts in shape of an L for a wireless charging S View; For your typical S View it should have 2 contacts. The OEM (Samsung) always has a rubber gasket for water resistance also,

Yep. This is what happens when you buy on eBay, you end up with a fake

-Sent from Tapatalk

Jewel Abuloc

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
there is a great possibility that your s view is a fake one. i just bought a new s-view and it didnt work. i checked if there was a rubber lining in the back cover that makes it a water resistant, there wasnt. so i just bought a new one at samsung costumer service.

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi , mine didn't work either, So where the two brass pins are at the back of the cover. Just place you finger nail slightly under them so as to raise them slightly. then they will make contact with you're phone, Mine has worked without fail since I did that.

Aditi Jain2

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Restart your phone in safe mode by restarting and pressing vol down button on when Samsung logo turns on. Close your flip cover. It should work. And then restart your phone normally. Mine just got rectified.

Joseph Chun

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
In my case (situation), I found that the contacts on my phone (S5) where not connecting with the contacts on my case. (both are genuine)
I took a small flat head screwdriver, pushed down on the phone's contacts to see how they move, and bent the two contacts out (ever so slightly).

The contacts made full contact with the case and now it works perfectly.

--just my experience. hope this helps someone.

Parag Singh

May 5, 2015
Visit site
hi

You Need to check your Cover once , generally their is one chip behind the Cover case which is fitted or rather we can connect with Phone , which help in working of Flip cover , i had faced the same issue , actually what i had bought from local market consist of case which doesn't had the chip and i was trying to get the s-view work for the same i had actually formatted twice my phone , But once i was checking in the shop i found this , it appeared silly but this was only the reason, soon i bought the s view which had chip on the back .. plz check from your eye and better don't buy online as by one of the friend did the same , and he was also was facing the similar issue,

work on this and you will can see S-view

thanks
Parag

Lee Taylor1

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem....but my case came with my phone when I brought it...It worked fine at first but haven't worked since I updated to lollipop, the setting for it disappeared....ain't used the s-view case since

Jumin Han

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
I fixed mine

I got mine fixed. Turns out there's something I've put at the back of mine phone. I removed it and found the settings about s-view. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress