Way to transport bookmarks from desktop

Cody Sauder

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I know about syncing with google chrome, but I can not stay signed in with chrome on my computer for some reason. It is a problem that has not been fixed and to my knowledge has no workaround. Anyways, is there any good way to transport the bookmarks to my phone into the stock android browser?

Lastly, in my S2 there was compatibility option for when you double tap, the text fits to the screen. I know there is no more double tap, but is there a way to make the text fit to the screen when pinch zooming? It is annoying to have to keep scrolling left and right. Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I know about syncing with google chrome, but I can not stay signed in with chrome on my computer for some reason. It is a problem that has not been fixed and to my knowledge has no workaround. Anyways, is there any good way to transport the bookmarks to my phone into the stock android browser?

Lastly, in my S2 there was compatibility option for when you double tap, the text fits to the screen. I know there is no more double tap, but is there a way to make the text fit to the screen when pinch zooming? It is annoying to have to keep scrolling left and right. Thanks
Here is a FAQ for importing Bookmarks into/out of Chrome. It should also apply to the stock browser app on the device, so take a look and see if it works for you.

Regarding the text fitting to screen, that's something which may be enabled in the settings. If not, then consider another browser with that support.

Cody Sauder

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Did you forget to post a link? I know how to export bookmarks from chrome as an htm file, but I don't think you can do anything with that in your android browser.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I opened Chrome on the phone. Then hit the 3 dots and scrolled down to help.

"use bookmarks" is there, opened that.

It says that you can sync your bookmarks to your Google Account and then access them from any device. So, I am assuming that you will need your bookmarks on a Chrome web browser on a PC somewhere. Sign into your google account.

I know for a fact that any PC browser will import bookmarks from any other browser providing they have been exported in HTML format. I do that all the time creating a Forum Index for my forum. I export the file out to the web and then provide a link for our users to download that HTML file and then they can import it into IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc...

So, it sounds like you have bookmarks somewhere on a PC. Use that PC to get the bookmarks imported into Chrome/Google Account.

then they should show up on your phone's Chrome browser.

Cody Sauder

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I said earlier that I can't stay signed in to chrome on my pc due to some strange issue that remains unresolved. When I sign in, it just says log in information out of date, sign in again. A lot of people have the issue, but no solution. I have a thread about it on the google product forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez