Upgrade SD Card

BigK52

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I am about to replace the SD card in my S5. Since the phone has already made use of the current SD card what's the best method for doing this. Copy the current data to the new card using a PC?
Thanks,
Ken

kstah

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If you plan to keep the contents of your old SD card and put it onto the new card, the easiest way is to plug the phone in (with old SD card) and plug in the new with an adapter and transfer over (or vice versa). If you do not have an adapter, just plug your phone in, transfer your contents into the PC, switch the SD cards and transfer it back to the new one.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
wondering about this too... I have an S4, just bought a 64gb card... I tried to transfer from the card in the phone to the card in the card reader. A direct transfer didn't work. When I put the new card into the phone it didn't read the app data and the phone said that apps were missing.

So I'm going to try to copy the card data to my PC, put the new card in the phone, format the card, then copy the data from the PC to the card in the phone. Will this work?

I've enabled USB debugging in the developer options as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa