To peal, or not peal?

Fisherman559

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just flipped my phone over and for the first time I realized there's a clear "sticker" (I think) that's covering the camera glass. I think I'll leave it alone for now because I'm very happy with the camera. But has anyone removed it and noticed a deference?

sctbc2

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Looks like there's a cutout (circle) around the lens. Looks like it's supposed to stay there. Maybe it's part of the water resistance?

Posted via Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just flipped my phone over and for the first time I realized there's a clear "sticker" (I think) that's covering the camera glass. I think I'll leave it alone for now because I'm very happy with the camera. But has anyone removed it and noticed a deference?

That should be removed, with time it can get scratches and dirt and besides looking ugly I've read that some people gets affected by reflective light while taking the pictures. It's just part of the protective plastic that comes all around the phone.

Best and easiest way to remove it is to put some trasparent tape over it, rub it a little and then peel the tape off, it will remove the plastic.

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
That should be removed, with time it can get scratches and dirt and besides looking ugly I've read that some people gets affected by reflective light while taking the pictures. It's just part of the protective plastic that comes all around the phone.

Best and easiest way to remove it is to put some trasparent tape over it, rub it a little and then peel the tape off, it will remove the plastic.

Thanks so much! I thought it was part of the lens. I noticed it was starting to peel and I was beginning to worry. You were very helpful.. thanks again.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving mine on as long as I can. Unless they make ones for sale then I'll buy those.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty