Problem with my microphone

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S5 since it was released and haven't had any problems with it.

For whatever reason tonight, people on the other end of a phone call can barely hear me. When I put my phone on speaker phone, though, it works fine.

The only thing I've done with my phone today was install Android Wear and Motorola Connect. I've uninstalled both, and am still having the same problem.

I really am trying to avoid doing a hard reset.

Posted via Android Central App

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine a few weeks ago and had my S5 replaced under warranty. So I received my replacement then a couple days ago same issue. So I was thinking I'm not getting another replacement there had to be something I'm doing to cause this. I eventually came to the conclusion that may some debris got in the microphone hole and used the tip of a needle just to see if I could get anything out. Not sure if anything came out but people can hear me again.

wwinger

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine a few weeks ago and had my S5 replaced under warranty. So I received my replacement then a couple days ago same issue. So I was thinking I'm not getting another replacement there had to be something I'm doing to cause this. I eventually came to the conclusion that may some debris got in the microphone hole and used the tip of a needle just to see if I could get anything out. Not sure if anything came out but people can hear me again.

My galaxy s5 microphone doesn't work when a call is on speaker phone. All other calls and voice recording works fine. Bluetooth is ok. ???

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy s5 microphone doesn't work when a call is on speaker phone. All other calls and voice recording works fine. Bluetooth is ok. ???

Welcome to Android Central! The speakerphone usually uses the secondary mic, which is at the top of the phone. Make sure that mic opening isn't blocked by anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87