Why won't this blue LED light go off on my S5?

mmayyrihh

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Blue led light wont go off on my s5

My phone dropped into water yesterday for a brief minute and immediately I pulled it out and took out the battery then thoroughly dried it, but when I turned it back on about 30minutes later it had an LED light on not blinking at all. The phone then went off , I assumed the battery died then I plugged it in but the LED light kept on. I tried opening it out again to air dry through the night. But when I put it back on the LED light was still on. Its been on for almost a whole day now. Phone is working normally but the permanent LED light is disturbing and I'm getting worried please. PLEASE ANY ADVICE?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Blue led light wont go off on my s5

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you dried the phone, did you do the usual routine with the bag of uncooked rice? That is, did you take the phone apart and put the components in a ziploc bag of uncooked rice, seal it, and let it sit for 24-48 hours? That's the best way to try to get every bit of moisture out of the phone. Simply wiping it or air drying it won't get it dry as completely or quickly, and that leaves more time for the moisture to cause damage. Also be aware that water damage can be a delayed effect, since corrosion can take some time. So it might work ok now, but in a few days or weeks, it might start failing.

It's hard to say exactly why the LED is staying on, but I would guess that some circuits were damaged from the water. I would recommend backing up all of your data NOW, and be prepared for the phone to start having more problems in the near future. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Blue led light wont go off on my s5

The S5 is advertised as water resistant, but not waterproof. Resistant means there's a lower chance of water damage, but they can't guarantee against damage. After the S5 came out, there were quite a few posts in this forum lamenting the fact that damage still occurred despite the water resistant claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86