touchwiz and lollipop

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got the lollipop update (UK Vodafone version) and I'm having a few issues with touch wiz. Everything is laggy and slow. It removed some of my app icons from the home screen which happens sometimes however I can't put them back now - dragging the app icon from the apps page results in a "unfortunately touchwiz has stopped" message. I've tried restarting the phone and a soft reset but nothing works and it's doing my head in. Anyone had the same problem or got any solutions?

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
No problems here.

I used CMcleaner before and after the Lollipop upgrade to clear cache and empty folders. Not sure if that helped or not.

Try using CMcleaner or CCleaner to empty cache files?

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I tried that, didn't work. Then I did a full factory reset after backing everything up. Phone worked fine for a bit and I got everything almost back to where I wanted it, and then the same problem started again. I can't drag the messages app (or any others) onto the home screen, or into the bottom bar. Just long pressing on any app in the app drawer causes the error message. It's so frustrating, I kind of need the messages app to be in an accessible place and not buried in the app drawer!

javy888

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I figured the problem was with Touchwiz launcher, so found a workaround and installed Nova Launcher. All of the problems I was having were solved and I can customize the way I wanted to. Any other launcher also works and many of them are free. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez