Why does my S5 freeze while on wireless charge?

Neil1454

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
S5 freeze while on wireless charge

Hi,

Since I have updated my Samsung S5 to Android v5.0 I am finding that my phone locks up while it is on wireless charge.
I have the samsung back cover and also the samsung wireless dock for wireless charging.

It does not happen everytime I charge the phone via wireless charging. But since I've updated which was around two weeks ago. It has done it three times approx.
I just see a dulled Samsung screen and the phone is unresponsive to any buttons including holding down the power button to turn the phone off.
I end up having to pull out the battery and replace it again in order to get the phone to work again.

Is this a "known" issue with v5.0 or even is it heard of at all on this forum?

Thanks

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 freeze while on wireless charge

Yours is the first situation that I've personally heard of. does your phone get excessively hot on the charger?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 freeze while on wireless charge

if I had to guess I'd say it's something to do with the wireless charger interfering with your phone.

Edit...
I should add if your phone doesn't experience this problem with a normal micro USB charger then the wireless charging (the electromagnetic field it generates) is probably the culprit from what I have been able come up with....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non