Why do I have wifi instability plus Lollipop update failure on my S5?

A

AC Question

Wifi instability plus lollipop update failure on s5

I do not have wifi at home and most regularly use my in-laws, since I got my s5 the wifi periodically disconnects and reconnects, it bombs out often while I'm trying to update apps and I am the only person this happens to. Numerous other people connect devices here and have no problem although their wifi connection is a bit slow. Today I got my lollipop update notification and attempted to download it, it took at least 2 and a half hours to download, disconnecting and reconnecting several times in the process. When it eventually got to 100% the progress mb continued to increase past the size of the update, I then got a message stating 'the downloaded file is invalid please try again' my phone then switched off and for a while it would not come back on, when it did my Google search and clock widgets had disappeared randomly! Every subsequent time I connected to the wifi the update attempted to re-start. I had to disconnect and perform a battery pull to get it to stop. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Is this purely down to the wifi or is something else going on. FYI my mother in law updated her s5 earlier today using the same wifi connection with no problems at all, the update took about an hour and a half.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wifi instability plus lollipop update failure on s5

I've had this same issue.

Try rebooting the router. Unplug and turn back on. It may or may not work but won't hurt to try. I've had to reboot my home router periodically and the issue was fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress