Why are recommended apps going to default apps after restart?

A

AC Question

Recommended Apps Going to Default Apps after Restart

I have a Galaxy S5 with Lollipop. I have AT&T, so I just got it recently. Before Lollipop, whenever I inserted my earphones into my phone, recommended apps popped up in my notifications panel. I used it constantly and added the apps that I wanted (Phone, YouTube, Spotify, a game called Cytus, and Smule Sing!). However, after I installed Lollipop, when I put my earphones into my phone, the recommended apps show the default (Phone, Music, Video). I changed the apps back to the ones that I wanted, but whenever I restart my phone, the recommended apps are back to the Phone, Music, and Video. It's really annoying because I don't want to be going to settings all the time just to change it when my phone turns off or restarts. I'm completely new to Android, so I've been a bit frustrated at this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recommended Apps Going to Default Apps after Restart

I'm completely new to Android
And not familiar with the idea that an update is sometimes a "downdate" as far as some users are concerned for some functions (as in your case). Evidently Google thought that this was the better way to do things. Even if everyone else disagrees, they get to do it their way.

An app like Plug In Launcher might make life easier for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress