Virus on Galaxy S5

Michael Canuela

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is my son's phone and I don't have an idea what he may have accessed or downloaded to obtain the virus that locks down the down device from processing any commands. Once I turn it on, it accesses multiple apps. After initial shutdown, it got to an app that I guess had access to potential CC information/paypal etc. I quickly removed the battery and removed the SIM.

I just turned off wifi so no outgoing communication.

Is there a safemode or anything that will allow me to process a virus scan and/or factory reset?

I'll take a video of it at a later time. Obviously, I turned back on my iNet access.

Thank you,
Mike

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
There is a safe mode, you can try. Hold the power button (while the phone is on), now hold the power off option until it says "reboot to safe mode?" And just click that and you'll be booted into safe mode where you can do a virus scan. I'm not sure how you have a virus, it's almost impossible to get a virus unless you downloaded something from the internet. You can also do a factory reset, which you can do by going into your setting a click something that says "backup and reset" or you can use home button, power button, and volume up while the phone is off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa