How do I move apps from phone storage to SD card?

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a 64GB SIM card for my Samsung S5 as I've ran out of space on my phone storage.

However, I am trying to use the "move to SD Card" for each app inside the application manager. However, that option is greyed out.

Any idea on how I can resolve this? The SD card storage is not helpful if I can't move apps to it.

Please help. Thanks.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a 64GB SIM card for my Samsung S5 as I've ran out of space on my phone storage.

However, I am trying to use the "move to SD Card" for each app inside the application manager. However, that option is greyed out.

Any idea on how I can resolve this? The SD card storage is not helpful if I can't move apps to it.

Please help. Thanks.

Some apps cannot be moved to the SD card, as you have come to find out.

To free up some space, go to your Settings>Storage and tap on Cached Data to clear it. I have to do this periodically.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Also of note, when apps are updated, they will move back to the onboard storage.

This has been discussed previously. As of yet - there is no way around it. Just the way Google does things...it's super annoying, I know.

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So what's the point of buying the SD card if you can't actually use it? First time I've heard anything about this.

Feeling a bit cheated at this point.

atomarchio

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You can't set SD card for default for pictures taken can you?

If I have to do this manually, how do I do this?

Please help. Thanks.

Oppapapopp

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
When I go to Storage under Settings there is no option to move anything to the SD card... I need to free up memory space. I've got a 16 gig Samsung S5 with only 437 Mb available, but 29 gig available on the card. How can I use the card space?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You can't set SD card for default for pictures taken can you?

If I have to do this manually, how do I do this?

Please help. Thanks.

On your phone, go to...

Settings > Easy mode > select Standard mode and repeat SactoKingsFan's instructions from post #11.

P.S. Don't forget that the camera settings menu is scrollable when using Standard Mode. "Storage location", is near the bottom.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress