Why can't I update my S5 from KitKat to Android Lollipop ?

nistony

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Why can't I update my s5 from kitkat to Android Lollipop ?

trying to update my phone which i bought from a shop as second hand few days ago . i can't update the firmware from kitkat to lollipop ....i am not an expert in these kind of things ...please help

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why can't I update my s5 from kitkat to Android Lollipop ?

trying to update my phone which i bought from a shop as second hand few days ago . i can't update the firmware from kitkat to lollipop ....i am not an expert in these kind of things ...please help

Hello and welcome to Android Central nistony!

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 41 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 6 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0, Android 5.0.1, Android 5.0.2 and Android 5.1.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version as well as your Product code.

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone INFO ?Samsung? and it will give you, under Firmware Info... PDA, Baseband, CSC, versions as well as your Product Code.

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Could you please post a screenshot of the CSC Code page.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

The more I learn about this phone... the more confused I am!

In an effort to get to the bottom of this, could I ask you to install Genuine Galaxy - Phone Info, free from the Play Store, and post a screenshot of the first page.

Can I ask you to block out your IMEI # in your post #3 as some malicious individuals could cause problems with this detail.

Last edited:

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

"Root Existence - YES"

That might be the problem?

Is the phone on stock firmware?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

OK. Thanks nistony!

Bear with me please. You will need to refer to post #1 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide whilst reading this reply.

It looks as though your phone is a mongrel. It appears to have undergone numerous firmware flashings in its time. So much so, that even I am confused!

Starting at your screenshot in post #7.

Phone model = SM-G900F. This is the international model

Device type = kltecan. This is the code for the Canadian models, G900W8

Product name = kltevl. Also for Canada

Moving on to screenshots in post #8

Bootloader version = G900PVPU1AND2. This is for the U.S. Sprint model, G900P

PDA version = G900FDXU1ANI3. This is for the G900F for Malaysia

CSC version = G900W8OYA1ANH3. This is for the Canadian model, G900W8

Baseband Version = G900PVPU1AND2. This is for the U.S. Sprint model G900P

At this point I could keep on going down the list but I'm sure you get the general idea. It is worth mentioning your screenshot in post #11 which shows...

Product code = NOT ACTIVE!!!

Original CSC code = CHN. This is for China

Last, but not least... You appear to be on Vodafone network, New Zealand.

I think you can probably understand why your phone has not updated and why I required so much information.

I hope, sincerely, that this answers your original question.

(I am going for a drink/s at the pub after this! ;) )

Last edited:

nistony

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much Iron ***. ..one last clarification. ..this simply means , you can't update the firmware on my mobile ???? ...

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much Iron ***. ..one last clarification. ..this simply means , you can't update the firmware on my mobile ???? ...

In for a penny, as they say.

From your screenshots, I couldn't even tell you which model of Galaxy S5 you have. However, if you remove your battery there should be a sticker that will give you the model of Galaxy S5 that it is. Armed with that, I could make an educated guess at the firmware you may need to update it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, that certainly answers a question nistony!

The phone model is the Samsung Galaxy S5 model, G900P, for the U.S. carrier Sprint.

As per, Will My Phone Work?, you are able to get 2G and 3G but not 4G/LTE using this model on the Vodafone network in New Zealand. This is a hardware restriction of the model and there is nothing you can do about this.

You can, however, download and flash the latest carrier branded firmware for Sprint/Boost, (1 of 4 firmwares for the G900P), Android 5.0 Lollipop, and flash it by following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. As with any flashing or updating process, I advise backing up first. See, Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

Model SM-G900P
Model name GALAXY S5
Country Unknown
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 0
Build date N/A
Product code BST
PDA G900PVPU3BOG1
CSC G900PSPT3BOG1

nistony

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

Thank you so much Iron ***...I was wondering why I can't find 4G option in the mobile ....
Thanks for the fast response. ...