Caller ID doesn't display when I receive phone call

LionheartedNJ

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I couldnt find a solution online.

I just bought a S5 and after the 2nd day of using it I noticed that when I get phone calls my phone will start ringing but the screen will be blank for about 5-10 seconds before the caller ID shows up. It does the same when the phone is not on it's lockscreen, like for instance if I happen to be on the home screen. My phone will ring but I would have to stare at the home screen for a few seconds till the caller ID displayed who is calling. This is super annoying to have to sit and wait to see who is calling me instead of it popping up on the first ring like it should normally do.

Can anyone help me out with this? I couldn't find a troubleshoot in the settings.

LionheartedNJ

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Boot into Safe Mode and see if that still happens: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696

Are these callers already in your contacts?

I put the phone in "Safe Mode". I called using a number that's not in my contacts and the display popped up as soon as the ringtone went off. I than called again using a number that's in my contacts and the id popped up right away as well.

I took the phone out of "Safe Mode" and made the same calls with no problem, caller ID displayed as soon as the ringtone started playing. What could this mean? Before I tried out your suggestion, I was still having the same problems so I don't know if this solution worked or not. I'll see how my progress goes tomorrow and update if anything changes but I hope this fixed my issue. If you or anyone else can give me any more insight, it's greatly appreciated. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The fact that it started working in Safe Mode suggests that some 3rd party app you installed is interfering. When you rebooted into normal mode, it may be that the culprit app hadn't been opened into RAM yet, but once it does open (whether you open it yourself, or the system does on its own), the problem might start again. Go to Settings>Apps>Running and make a note of what's open now. The next time the problem happens (if it even does), go back to this Running Apps menu and see if there are any discrepancies. Target the app or apps that weren't open before, and try uninstalling them.