Accidentally disabled all sensors

ofir2006

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I am using the g900f model, marshmallow rom android 6.0.1.

my proximity sensor broke and I followed this tutorial to disable it:

"with root explorer go to system/lib/hw and go all the way to the bottom to the last sensors file. its an so file. long press on it and open in text editor. somewhere in the page almost at the bottom you will see where it says ProximitySensor then on one of those line it should say mEnabled. just rename it to mDisabled, then reboot and the proximity sensor is fixed."

For some reason after I did it all of my sensors got disabled, proximity, gyro, light, everything.

I changed the file to it's original state by reverting the line to mEnabled and rebooted the device and everything is still disabled, phone just doesn't recognize the hardware.

On the stock rom it only disabled the proximity sensor and I had no problems reverting it, only happens on marshmallow rom...

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I am using the g900f model, marshmallow rom android 6.0.1.

my proximity sensor broke and I followed this tutorial to disable it:

"with root explorer go to system/lib/hw and go all the way to the bottom to the last sensors file. its an so file. long press on it and open in text editor. somewhere in the page almost at the bottom you will see where it says ProximitySensor then on one of those line it should say mEnabled. just rename it to mDisabled, then reboot and the proximity sensor is fixed."

For some reason after I did it all of my sensors got disabled, proximity, gyro, light, everything.

I changed the file to it's original state by reverting the line to mEnabled and rebooted the device and everything is still disabled, phone just doesn't recognize the hardware.

On the stock rom it only disabled the proximity sensor and I had no problems reverting it, only happens on marshmallow rom...

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Hello and welcome to Android Central ofir2006!

Just re-flash your firmware/ROM again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87