problems with sd card

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I been having trouble with my sd card. Im not able to take pictures and save them to the card or download music from amazon prime which is also saved to the card, a 64 GB SanDisk ultra card with less than 25gb used. If i take the card out and do a check disk on it in my pc i works for a short time but then back to the same. This has been a problem a few weeks and most of my old files from before are still ok and i can see those pictures, songs and videos . Anyone else have any idea how i can fix this. Really not sure if its the card or phone..

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would try to backup what you need off the card then format the card in the phone and copy the stuff back on it

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks I will try that when i have free time to wait for it to copy to some other place and see if that help . Probably a good time to purge too.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok i backed it up to a flash drive then tried to format it in the phone and it say its complete but all the files are still there. Nothing was ereased from the card. I then tried to put it back in the pc and format it.... Windows 7 cant complete the format. Then i tried putting it in my Samsung tab pro. It looked like it formated it but the files were not erased again.

Still cant add anything new to the card like use it for camera storage or downloading music files.

Anything else I can try or is the card toast?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend