Got my s6 active wet

sspryte1

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I got my s6 active wet. It has been sitting in a bag of rice for a day. It acts like it is trying to come on but there is nothing on the screen. The blue led is flashing and I keep hearing music from it but the screen is dead. I tried shutting it off but since the screen is black I have no idea if it is off or on. Can anyone help?!?!? It is my husbands phone and he never backed anything up and has all his videos and photos for a year on it.
Help!!!
Michelle

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
To force reboot your*device, press and hold theVolume*down*and*Power/Lock*keys on the device for 10-20 seconds. This performs a simulated battery disconnect.

sspryte1

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I was able to turn it off. It came back on but the screen is dead. I hooked it up the my laptop and was able to at least save the pics off it. He wants the contacts but I can not see those. The screen stays black. I can hear when it makes noises and tunes play on it. But other than that it is no joy! Hahaha
Michelle

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
The contacts should be synced with the his Google account. He can log into his Gmail account online to check them. Other than that, you can install Samsung Smart Switch on a PC and backup the phone to restore onto a new or replacement phone.

sspryte1

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, if he had EVER set up his google account! I have told him many times over the years back up back up! No, he does not listen to me....a computer tech! Hahaha oh well.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if he had EVER set up his google account! I have told him many times over the years back up back up! No, he does not listen to me....a computer tech! Hahaha oh well.

In order to access the Play Store, the phone has to have had a google account on it, so if the Play Store is used, then he can log onto GMAIL still and check to see if his contacts are there.

Hurtzher

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Quick story. My son was playing on my GS6A. He managed to drop it in a crock pot FULL of BBQ sauce! I quickly rinsed it off in warm water and then took a hair dryer to the usb port on the bottom. The phone was just fine....but for some reason I had to get a new SIM card after that, LOL!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick story. My son was playing on my GS6A. He managed to drop it in a crock pot FULL of BBQ sauce! I quickly rinsed it off in warm water and then took a hair dryer to the usb port on the bottom. The phone was just fine....but for some reason I had to get a new SIM card after that, LOL!

BBQ sauce is a SIM card killer...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez