New flaw discovered with Edge+ screen

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I've created a new thread for this as I feel it's slightly different to the "total unresponsiveness" reported in other threads.

More than once now I've discovered intermittently that the top section of the screen becomes unresponsive while the rest of the screen works fine. The pulldown notification bar won't work and any material style apps won't open their settings/menus when they're located at the top of the screen.

I've tried rebooting and soft resetting (vol down + power) more than once and nothing seems to clear it. It just decides to work again when it feels like it.

This is bad. I'm suspecting it's a problem with the curved screen manufacturing process although I'm not sure yet.

My problem is that I have the phone more than 30 days so if I return it ill be without a phone for approx 2 weeks while it's sent off for diagnosis/repair. That's the policy here in Ireland. So I'm not sure what to do yet.

Has anyone else seen this issue? It's really frustrating.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
What carrier do you have? My wife had an issue with her S6 (volume button stuck in down position), we took it into a retail store (Verizon) and they sent us a "like new" phone within one day. She had the phone for 2 months at that point. We paid no out of pocket costs and the phone that was sent actually looked brand new. But I know every carrier is not the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
What carrier do you have? My wife had an issue with her S6 (volume button stuck in down position), we took it into a retail store (Verizon) and they sent us a "like new" phone within one day. She had the phone for 2 months at that point. We paid no out of pocket costs and the phone that was sent actually looked brand new. But I know every carrier is not the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

It’s 3 Ireland.
Just got a firmware update so here's hoping.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't sound good. I'd try and get a replacement device if the update doesn't fix it.

Apparently it ties in with the whole freezing up issue for some people. For me they were 2 separate issues. None have happened since the firmware update 24 hrs ago.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty