wireless charging not working?

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6 edge and the wireless charging just doesn't seem to work properly. I've used several different wireless charging pads and docks and it seems to interrupt every now and then (sometimes every few minutes) saying "wireless charging has paused". It never pops up saying it resumed or anything, and I don't believe it ever actually pauses the charging because the lightning bolt charging symbol never goes away. This is particularly annoying when I'm driving and it's in the wireless charging dock and my sound is turned up, it mutes the music to play a notification sound to let me know it was "paused". Just wondering if anyone else had similar issues, sorry if this is has already been mentioned.

Ashley V

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Samsung claims I'm the only one to report it. Talk to them and report it as well so they can do something about it.

quinjq

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I also have this problem with an S6 and a Keedox Qi Foldable charger. On other forums I saw a couple of suggestions (trying a 1 amp as opposed to 2 amp charger and putting some paper between the phone and charger to reduce the magnetism) but nothing has worked for me.

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Do you maybe .need a receiver for your charger? Some phones will not charge correctly unless they have a build-up receiver. Don't know if this applies to the s6 edge though.

psharpe

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine does pause and the lightning bolt goes out. At first I thought it was the case but I now remove the case and it is hard sometimes to get it to charge for more than a minute. It is annoying when you leave overnight and it isn't charged in the morning. Would this be a hardware or software issue? I thinking hardware. I will check power of the charger pad to ensure it is within specs. I will notify my carrier and Samsung.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I think its the charger. I have a few of them sitting around and the only one thats always perfect is the Powerbot Model PB1020. Its always perfect.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
so as an update, I got my s6 edge replaced and unfortunately having the same issue. I know it's not the charger because it works just fine on a note 4 and a droid turbo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch