Why isn't the weather showing up on my Edge screen?

Doron Orenstein

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Weather Not Showing Up on Edge Screen

Hello there,

For some reason, I cannot get the weather to show up on the edge screen along with the time and date.

What I've tried:
* Going to Settings > Edge Screen > Information Stream (switched to on) > Weather (with Edge screen switched to "On")
* Going to the Weather Widget > More > Settings > Edge Screen set to on and Use Current Location set to on as well.

The odd thing is that I did see the weather show up on the edge screen just once before, but I have no idea how to get it back again.

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks!

Doron

moheeb

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Weather Not Showing Up on Edge Screen

did you place the widget on your home screen?

To enable a Widget, you have to place it on your home screens. press the middle of your home screen for few second, --> select widget --> hold your finger for few seconds on the selected widget to place it on your home screen.

Doron Orenstein

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Weather Not Showing Up on Edge Screen

Thanks, Moheeb!

But yeah, the "Weather" widget is and has been on my home screen all along. Getting apps to show up on the home screen is not a problem, it's just getting this particular app on the *edge* screen that's been the problem.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
In the Weather app under settings there is a switch to turn it on for the edge screen.

Edit...never mind I see you tried that. Sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rey Nocum

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I used to see weather on the edge panel with the clock, date/time, next alarm and notifications. When I changed the detection of location of my AccuWeather widget from "Use current Location" to a searched location (fixed location, wherever you are), the left part of the info stream on the edge becomes blank just like yours. I was able to put it back by just turning ON the "Use Current Location" in the weather settings and switching ON the LOCATION setting to power saving (faster than GPS).

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty