Does anyone use the edge screen?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone acrually use the edge screen for friends or notifications? I have never been able to really use the actual edge of the screen for anything that they say it can do..

Posted via the Android Central App

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I do not have the S6 Edge but my friend does. While it is a gorgeous piece if hardware, he does not use the edge for anything. He finds it to be more bothersome to try and use it. But like I said, he got it for the aesthetics more than functionality! While some may find it useful, I would go out on a limb to say most do not use it for much if anything. :)

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
AT&T

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the favorites on my edge I use that but I don't use it when the phone is asleep. Takes too long to get that little screen on. I rather just wake it to see my notifications. I got it for looks though.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have my favorites set up and use that to respond to their texts/calls. I also use the swipe when the screen is off to quickly check notifications... other than that, no.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a pain in the **** to get notifications to appear on the edge screen. I have two favorite people set up as well but never does anything special happen when they text... I also got the phone because it was cool looking... Is there anything else the edge screen is suppose to do?

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Only really use the favourites part of the edge. I use whats app for messages and am abit disappointed that it's not in the edge part for your favourites contact. However I mainly bought the edge as its sexy as hell.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was dissapointed in the edge functions in the s6 edge. I returned it and got the note 5 instead.

If the looks are that important to drop $100 on so be it, but I would rather put that $100 towards memory something useful anyway IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress