04-14-2015 05:50 PM
628 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I can certainly understand shipping it home. For some, that's great. I like picking up in the store so whatever issues arise, they can dealt with quickly and a Samsung rep is there for questions. BB Mobile and Samsung reps are there any to make sure everything is going well before you leave. I rather pick it up in person and have this option.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-31-2015 12:08 PM
    jcp I understand your opinion but I am looking for someone to respond with proof that there is the option to ship to home. So since you are so involved in this site and other posts, did you pre order from best buy if so then you should be able to answer my question and not give just an opinion thanks!
    03-31-2015 12:12 PM
    Guys, I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this post, but I am getting ready to pre-order for Verizon S6 tomorrow from best buy online, and I really want to know will there be an option to ship to house instead of ship to store for it? I don't know why everyone is saying they had to pick up in store, why wouldn't you just choose ship to home?

From people who have preordered online with best buy can you please respond is there a ship to home option?
    I was told that there wasn't. I was planning on pre-ordering from best buy but the information I received from two different stores was all contradicting. They couldn't tell me when it would be in or how many pre-orders they have already made. I'm worried if they only get a few in I'm stuck waiting another week or so until more come in. Might just order through Verizon, In the past I always received phones the day of or one day after.
    03-31-2015 12:45 PM
    I pre-ordered from Best Buy last Friday afternoon. Verizon 64g black. I was told I had to come in and pick up in person, probably because I'm changing to the Edge program. Beat Buy employees were not well educated on the process at all and kept referring to a cheat sheet they had printed. Hopefully pick up day goes much better.
    03-31-2015 01:33 PM
    Did it say when it ships? Does it ship on the 10th, or the 8th?

For those that might be wondering, I also just called the Best Buy customer service number and spoke to an agent about the process of in-store pickup for devices. She said that BEFORE I come into the store Best Buy will contact your carrier (in my case AT&T) and get the phone setup with my plan. She indicated all I should have to do is pick up the phone at the customer service line. I'm really hoping that is the case.....
    Right now it indicates it will arrive at my house on Monday the 13th. I will repost if that changes to earlier.
    03-31-2015 04:53 PM
    jcp I understand your opinion but I am looking for someone to respond with proof that there is the option to ship to home. So since you are so involved in this site and other posts, did you pre order from best buy if so then you should be able to answer my question and not give just an opinion thanks!
    Not opinion. Recollection. There is a post by someone who ordered via Best Buy and the device is shipping to their house.
    03-31-2015 09:03 PM
    You absolutely can have it shipped to home. The reason I chose in store pickup is even with the fastest ship to home delivery option BB said it wouldn't get to my house until Monday the 13th and it would have been an additional 18.99 for that shipping option. I just ended up going in store, price matching to AT&Ts price for the S6 edge 64GB and will pick it up on Friday the 10th
    03-31-2015 10:54 PM
    Hey everyone, I just got off the chat with a Verizon representative and I asked if there was any advantage to ordering with them instead of Verizon. I was basically seeing if they could throw anything in. What the rep did say was that you can not go on the Verizon Edge plan if you buy through Best Buy. Can anybody else confirm this? If so, that's a deal breaker for me.
    04-01-2015 07:12 AM
    Hey everyone, I just got off the chat with a Verizon representative and I asked if there was any advantage to ordering with them instead of Verizon. I was basically seeing if they could throw anything in. What the rep did say was that you can not go on the Verizon Edge plan if you buy through Best Buy. Can anybody else confirm this? If so, that's a deal breaker for me.
    If so its exclusively a Verizon thing. I'm on the Next program with AT&T and will be switching to the 12 month Next for the S6 and i pre-ordered at Best Buy.
    04-01-2015 09:21 AM
    This is not true. I have pre ordered through best buy and will be using the edge program.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 09:32 AM
    I doubt that is true. I am starting new service with Verizon with the S6 and was upfront about that with Best Buy before I preordered with them, to make sure what I wanted to do was possible. When I told them I wanted to do it on two-year contract, they let me know I would have to port my number from existing Sprint account in order to do so, or they would HAVE to put my new account on Edge. Even quoted me Edge monthly pricing. Seems odd they would have Edge pricing or tell me they'd have to put me on Edge (if I didn't port number), if they weren't able to actually offer the Edge plan.
    04-01-2015 09:33 AM
    Thanks everyone! I figured it was baloney!
    04-01-2015 10:31 AM
    Completely untrue, I'm on the more everything plan. When I pre-ordered with BB, he suggested I switch over to the edge plan due to me being on 10gb plan. He broke down the costs and told me when I come in to pick up the phone, they will switch to the edge plan for me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    04-01-2015 12:02 PM
    what about the advantage to ordering on Verizon is they are $100 than BB?

S6 32GB - $599 on Verizon, $749 at Best Buy

consistently BB is $150 more as you go up in storage and upgrade to the Edge.
    04-01-2015 12:08 PM

Just price match.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    04-01-2015 12:10 PM
    Just price match.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    I'm don't think that they price match carriers any more. I could be wrong, so please someone correct me if I am.

04-01-2015 12:13 PM

Well I'm going on the edge plan so I'm not sure how it correlates. Their price does appear to be about $1 more per month through best buy. It came out to be $30 more over the 24 months, I'm not sure if it's because they are factoring in taxes or what. Either way, Verizon is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of an S6 and trade in of any smart phone, so that's the route I'm going. I have an old Droid X and Motorola Photon still lying around the house. I'll take the $200.
    04-01-2015 12:30 PM
    I'm don't think that they price match carriers any more. I could be wrong, so please someone correct me if I am.

I don't believe they price match. I was told by a Samsung rep that they would but could not guarantee any final price if I pre ordered. If I put my $50 down, the final price could be less or more than what the current price they were telling me.

This is what I could find on their Price Match Guarantee:

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee

I guess technically it sounds like they might?
    04-01-2015 12:30 PM
    I am due for an upgrade, and decided to pre-order through Best Buy for this deal. Unfortunately I discovered that I'm unable to. My phone is actually a work phone, and even though I'm the authorized administer for this, Best Buy is not able to handle "business accounts". I guess there will be no free wireless charger for me.
    04-01-2015 12:44 PM
    They authorized my Sprint Business account upgrade and order just fine.
    04-01-2015 01:12 PM

They don't price match on contract prices, although you may still be able to get them to. Off contract price is fair game though from what I've seen.
    04-01-2015 01:14 PM
    Well I'm going on the edge plan so I'm not sure how it correlates. Their price does appear to be about $1 more per month through best buy. It came out to be $30 more over the 24 months, I'm not sure if it's because they are factoring in taxes or what. Either way, Verizon is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of an S6 and trade in of any smart phone, so that's the route I'm going. I have an old Droid X and Motorola Photon still lying around the house. I'll take the $200.
    Best Buy told me that Edge pricing is all done through Verizon and their price will be the same, regardless of what the full price of the phone is at Best Buy.

04-01-2015 01:32 PM
    You may like to see this after I contact best buy.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

Let me assist you with your concern regarding your pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy S6 4G with 32GB Memory Cell Phone Black Sapphire ATT.

BestBuy.com strives to ship pre-orders as soon as they are received in our fulfillment centers. Our goal is to ensure timely delivery of a pre-ordered item on, or around, the actual release date of the product. Each item is assigned a release date, which represents the scheduled date on which the product is either available in our stores, or available to be shipped. These release dates are provided to Best Buy by our suppliers and are subject to change without notice.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=eo7PAxOv.

Sincerely,

Mae
    Best Buy Customer Care
    04-01-2015 05:39 PM
    You may like to see this after I contact best buy.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

Let me assist you with your concern regarding your pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy S6 4G with 32GB Memory Cell Phone Black Sapphire ATT.

BestBuy.com strives to ship pre-orders as soon as they are received in our fulfillment centers. Our goal is to ensure timely delivery of a pre-ordered item on, or around, the actual release date of the product. Each item is assigned a release date, which represents the scheduled date on which the product is either available in our stores, or available to be shipped. These release dates are provided to Best Buy by our suppliers and are subject to change without notice.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=TO5dXpv8.

Sincerely,

Mae
    Best Buy Customer Care
    It's definitely encouraging but I keep hoping to get my notification email. I was thinking that since I pre-ordered on March 27th that I might get it early. I pre-ordered mine in store and not online.

04-01-2015 06:02 PM
    It's definitely encouraging but I keep hoping to get my notification email. I was thinking that since I pre-ordered on March 27th that I might get it early. I pre-ordered mine in store and not online.

What's the difference store/online lol
    04-01-2015 06:14 PM
628 ... 56789 ...