Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
None - they serve as a middle-man and really are a waste of space in my opinion. The only perk this year to ordering through them was getting the free wireless charger. I'd rather spend $25 with my 50% off coupon and go that route. I'm not the biggest fan of Best Buy (if you can't tell :) )

For Sprint, the 64GB version was also $50 cheaper at BB than Sprint direct. No idea why. So like everyone else that preorderd from BB, I will brave the lines on Friday morning. I plan to be there at opening, email or not.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
For Sprint, the 64GB version was also $50 cheaper at BB than Sprint direct. No idea why. So like everyone else that preorderd from BB, I will brave the lines on Friday morning. I plan to be there at opening, email or not.

Lol, this isn't an iPhone. I seriously doubt there will be a line.

Posted via Android Central App

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Lol, this isn't an iPhone. I seriously doubt there will be a line.

People that wait in line for the iPhone are waiting because they haven't pre-ordered (usually). I was more curious as to what those were doing who had pre-ordered through Best Buy and were doing in-store-pickup. I decided to keep my Best Buy preorder due to the free charger....but wasn't sure if getting there at opening would be wise if they hadn't confirmed it via email.....so was just wondering what others in the same boat were planning on doing.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
People that wait in line for the iPhone are waiting because they haven't pre-ordered (usually). I was more curious as to what those were doing who had pre-ordered through Best Buy and were doing in-store-pickup. I decided to keep my Best Buy preorder due to the free charger....but wasn't sure if getting there at opening would be wise if they hadn't confirmed it via email.....so was just wondering what others in the same boat were planning on doing.

Ah gotcha. I'm waiting on the email. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'll be calling.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah gotcha. I'm waiting on the email. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'll be calling.

I doubt we hear anything between now and Friday. In fact, I'd be shocked....guessing they will slowly send out emails Friday. If they do them all at once, they would have quite a few people show up at the store at one time...

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I doubt we hear anything between now and Friday. In fact, I'd be shocked....guessing they will slowly send out emails Friday. If they do them all at once, they would have quite a few people show up at the store at one time...

I thought pre order meant we get them before the masses. Isn't that kind of the point of pre ordering?

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought pre order meant we get them before the masses. Isn't that kind of the point of pre ordering?

It's really just to secure the device that you want.....and in Best Buy's case, to get the free wireless charger. Best Buy gets $$ from the carriers to sell in their stores. This is why I had mentioned that all they serve as is a middle man..I avoid them at all cost for Wireless, but a free Samsung wireless charger is a nice perk :) I have Friday off, so if I have any issues with Best Buy I'll just go directly to AT&T and pick up the phone there. It's not worth a ton of headaches to get the charger when I can get it for $25 using the 50% off coupon code deal.

jsbach64

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I also pre-ordered the Verizon S6 32GB at BB today in person. The free charger sounds great, but it'll be disappointing if not ready on launch day, really what is with this 'wait for your e-mail to pick it up'?

Can anyone share their experience on timeline of picking up pre-orders like this from BB?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I also pre-ordered the Verizon S6 32GB at BB today in person. The free charger sounds great, but it'll be disappointing if not ready on launch day, really what is with this 'wait for your e-mail to pick it up'?

Can anyone share their experience on timeline of picking up pre-orders like this from BB?

Seriously agreed. If they have it in stock, I don't see why they just wont let you pick it up. I know they have them in stock

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Seriously agreed. If they have it in stock, I don't see why they just wont let you pick it up. I know they have them in stock

Sounds like most of you are waiting for the email from Best Buy? I think I'm just going to show up when they open and roll the dice..

briggy79

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Have the tracking no. But it's not in UPS system yet

Posted via the Android Central App

I just received confirmation that my Sprint 64GB Edge also shipped from Best Buy today! I should receive tomorrow hopefully, also have the tracking number but nothing on UPS yet.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

That's the problem with best buy. Besides them selling stock that they don't always have can you imagine them trying to check out 50 phone/upgrades at once? Not worth the free charger in my opinion. It will be interesting to hear how bb does on Friday. They have blown these before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress