Anyone ditching the iPhone?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I love the size of the 5S but if I'm using it for a while the screen is too small lol. The perfect blend of screen size and pocket-ability is my GS3...4.7" Ugh...what a pain. I'm SOL for sizing these days.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
That's the worst thing about android. Chances are good that you'll need cache clearing and a biannual phone reset just to keep it operating fluidly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android 4.4 fixed that with the introduction of TRIM support.

The only thing on android that requires resetting the phone are issues with the OS itself, or bad battery issues. OS related malfunctions. iPhone users go through plenty of resets. Trust me. Been there done that on BOTH platforms. I had to reset my LG G2 the second day. Google Gmail widgets completely crashed and messed up the phone.

If you really want to clear out temp files and "junk" just keep the Clean Master widget on your screen and tap it when you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubbanbrenda

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
What exactly didn't you like about the N6? I'm looking for some hands on experience good or bad.
I switched to the iPhone 6 from the Nexus 6 about a month ago and I'm most likely going to pick up the S6. Based on the early reviews, it looks like the most complete Android phone ever.

Outside of my month-long stint with the iphone 6, I have been a lifelong Android user. As much as I love Android, every phone seems to have some sort of major compromise which is what led me to give the iphone a try. After about a week of adjusting to iOS, I have been extremely impressed. Everything just works really well. Great performance, great camera, great screen, and unreal battery standby time.

BUT, I really miss the customization ability in Android and the Google ecosystem in general. And keyboards (even 3rd party) suck big time in iOS...I miss the Android Swiftkey so much! The S6 looks like it checks all of the major boxes for me outside of the questionable battery life which I think will be fixed (or is a Tmobile specific issue...I'm on Verizon).

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What are your thoughts on the N6(Nexus I assume), I'm getting ready to give big red the finger and try FI. Looking for some hands on with the Nexus-6. Thanks.
Great phone overall except for the size, not an issue for me since have multiple phone and keep switching. If this will be your only phone be sure you will be comfortable carrying a huge phone.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 5s screen is so tiny, my wife has my old hand me down...the only people that can use those without a problem (esp typing) have very small hands. 4" screens are a time of the past, I got the 5s thinking I'd love the smaller screen (coming from a lumina 920) but after 7 months couldn't handle it anymore (on top of ios boring ui and design).

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5s screen is so tiny, my wife has my old hand me down...the only people that can use those without a problem (esp typing) have very small hands. 4" screens are a time of the past, I got the 5s thinking I'd love the smaller screen (coming from a lumina 920) but after 7 months couldn't handle it anymore (on top of ios boring ui and design).

So get a giant brick with Android. You'll love it. Fill it with widgets and get one of those window cases. And a pen too.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
So get a giant brick with Android. You'll love it. Fill it with widgets and get one of those window cases. And a pen too.

I have an S6, hence why I'm on this Forum...and I love it, much more than the iPhone 5S and 6. It all comes down to what you as a user want and is important to you. Me, I've had my share of iPhone with 3G and 5S...maybe way in the future when apple allows even some small form of customization I'll consider their device again, but now even on ios8 while it's a solid is that just works...it's behind in areas important to users. "Apps, apps, apps!!!!" Meh, the apps work fine for me, I came from windows phone so android is fresh air trust me. And here in Canada no way is an iPhone 6 (16gb) worth being $100 more than S6 (32gb), iPhone 6 32gb $200 more.

Go enjoy your 4" screen zooming in while browsing every webpage, playing games with limited visibility and a subpar battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress