Is anyone returning their S6?

Will you be returning your S6?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually, if you go to the reviews on Verizon and Amazon about the Verizon S6, many customer reviews of poor battery life.

Thanks man. I have verizon and thought maybe I was a lucky one without good battery life. But I'm glad it's not just me. And I did everything in this thread plus some and still sucks. Never hit over 3.5 SOT and never more than 12 hours on the battery.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks man. I have verizon and thought maybe I was a lucky one without good battery life. But I'm glad it's not just me. And I did everything in this thread plus some and still sucks. Never hit over 3.5 SOT and never more than 12 hours on the battery.

Even if you did do everything in these S6 forums to improve battery life, and it actually improved your battery life, the biggest majority of people buying this phone - who aren't in these forums to read up on all the necessary tweaks to make their battery last - just figure the battery life sucks. They don't know any better but to blame the phone.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Even if you did do everything in these S6 forums to improve battery life, and it actually improved your battery life, the biggest majority of people buying this phone - who aren't in these forums to read up on all the necessary tweaks to make their battery last - just figure the battery life sucks. They don't know any better but to blame the phone.

You are right, it does suck...

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2 (2).jpg

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually, if you go to the reviews on Verizon and Amazon about the Verizon S6, many customer reviews of poor battery life.

As I've said there will always be exceptions. The nexus 6 was the same way, the m9 is the same, and you'll see that the G4 will also have issues. In such cases, if it's not from broken phones, it's lollipop that is at fault.

Posted via the zenfone 2

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
As I've said there will always be exceptions. The nexus 6 was the same way, the m9 is the same, and you'll see that the G4 will also have issues. In such cases, if it's not from broken phones, it's lollipop that is at fault.

Posted via the zenfone 2

In the customer reviews over there, it really isn't the exception.
And very few are going to blame anything but the phone. As I read through the reviews, I didn't catch anyone saying who's fault it was but the phone.
To them, It really doesn't matter who or what is to blame. The reviews just say poor battery life.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung were totally to blame, all carriers, not just CDMA and some GSM carriers, would suffer. Isn't amazing that with a couple of exceptions in the limited sample size of this forum that AT&T users aren't having battery issue as well as some CDMA users and even some on TMO. If the device isn't performing up to expectations, then change carriers or return the device. If you keep the device expecting a different result.... At that point, the burden is on you.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Returned for iPhone 6+. The iPhone is a battery champ for sure. I'm glad I had the S6 during our vacation(camera) but not what I want in a daily driver.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung were totally to blame, all carriers, not just CDMA and some GSM carriers, would suffer. Isn't amazing that with a couple of exceptions in the limited sample size of this forum that AT&T users aren't having battery issue as well as some CDMA users and even some on TMO. If the device isn't performing up to expectations, then change carriers or return the device. If you keep the device expecting a different result.... At that point, the burden is on you.

Burden or not .. the forums are here for discussion so they're allowed to discuss the pros and cons of the phone. We don't just sweep the cons under the rug and simply blame the user for the issue. I have seen many issues pop up on someone after their return period so they couldn't return even if they wanted.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally i agree with you and for the most part stop auto updates for such things like social media by just turning off sync. But yes, so many apps are going crazy in that it requests your location and other information on the fly that could have a huge impact on battery life.

What separates an android from iPhone device in a big way is Google Now. If you are a frequent traveler with a need to read all your favorite sports scores and such, Google Now can be awesome for traffic reports and things like that. But such a feature requires your phone to be pinged repeatedly throughout the day and night, thus even if not used in high accuracy mode, it can drain your battery fast. And because Google is promoting such a feature, I don't think Android in general will ever agree with us and just let us turn off such location services on other apps. In fact, I think with so many new apps that require location to work properly, I think that this is just the beginning of a trend that you and I might have to find other ways to curb the abuses.

Posted via the Android Central App

I won't quote you all the way but I do agree. But imo that is what might be the downfall of android. I don't need the constant pinging of location and data and most people will agree with me. If I want the data and location I will initiate it myself. If I want to know the restaurants around me i'll search for them myself. And android has way to many apps asking for all this data and don't really need it. Apps that don't sync to nothing and just run locally on the device that need WiFi, contact list, and location. Google needs to ping my phone to death just for location mining and wifi mining. For most people if I need WiFi I know where to get it and don't need Google to figure out whats a good one. Apple doesn't ping my phone to death, neither does windows or blackberry. If Google Now wants to know my routine it could ask me questions that pertain to what I like to do and not do. This is exactly how cortana works on windows phone, it ask questions about me and doesn't ping my phone to death with location and WiFi queries.

Without a big battery all these things do is just drag a phone straight to the wall socket. I know Google wants to data mine everyone but I would think they would have gotten smarter about this by now and realized that the hardware for this constant pings back to the mothership just ain't there yet. And what helps kill the android experience.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Burden or not .. the forums are here for discussion so they're allowed to discuss the pros and cons of the phone. We don't just sweep the cons under the rug and simply blame the user for the issue. I have seen many issues pop up on someone after their return period so they couldn't return even if they wanted.

Not sweeping anything under the rug. The device is far from perfect and does have flaws. At the end of the day, they purchased it and continued to use a device that they felt is flawed. There are options, some pretty onerous and unpleasant, that will allow all users to have a device that meets their needs and preferences. I feel badly for them and the circumstances that may make other options not possible.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

What an absolutely balanced post!
There are so many posts saying how the S6 is the best yet.
Those reviews over at Amazon for the Verizon S6 and at Verizon's website store, praise the S6 for it and its features, but the Battery Life is the complaint.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sweeping anything under the rug. The device is far from perfect and does have flaws. At the end of the day, they purchased it and continued to use a device that they felt is flawed.

Not necessarily. You're assuming everyone had issues in the 14 day return window which is not always the case. It is not helpful to the forum to just tell people "well it is your fault" rather than discuss / possibly help.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. You're assuming everyone had issues in the 14 day return window which is not always the case. It is not helpful to the forum to just tell people "well it is your fault" rather than discuss / possibly help.

With all due respect, I am not trying to demean or belittle anyone's circumstances. They voluntarily made the purchase and need to work with their carriers so they do have some measure of responsibility although the burden is not completely on them as there are other parties who have a share of responsibility. I feel badly that they may not have any alternatives especially if they are outside their window. I find it hard to believe that, if they work with their carriers to exhaust all options, the carrier won't offer another device other than the GS6. it's in their best interest to keep their customers in such a highly competitive market with so many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa