S6 Home Button Loose Rattle

Does your home button rattle when tapped

• Total voters

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
So I had the white and the back. I didn't think much of it until this thread, but my white had a higher button that definitely had less play. I will have to keep am eye on this as I decided to keep the black.

Posted via Galaxy S6

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Now on my 3rd S6. My first two white 64 gb had the wiggle. Apparently, you can't exchange the same model of phone with Sprint more than twice. I got a moderately hard time at a corporate store when I tried to get that third handset. The "tech" told me that every almost every model of the S6 he had seen had the same slightly loose home button.

I ended up getting a white, 32 gb S6 edge, as Sprint was reluctant to let me try a third version of the standard S6. I think they would have caved if I pushed it, but I am beginning to think the loose button is simply a production flaw with that model. I really do like the phone's camera and screen, otherwise I would have just gone back to my M8.

So far, the edge seems solid as a rock. I've got a few more days until my 14 day trial period is over. We'll see how she holds up.

Sebas Fournier

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello!!! I have the same issue with the phone... Got it new and 8 days later I felt the sensation and the sound that something was wrong. The company that sold me the phone told me that they have to take it to the repair store so I wont have a phone for a while. I dont know what is going on here.... I had an S4 for 2 years and It still working good... :(

dpearce86263

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes dude I have same problem with gold 32gb version. When in a silent room u can even hear it rattling when u shake the phone. It''s going back, unacceptable

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Update on the 32 gb white edge: still solid after eight days. I've searched the forums, and it does not appear this issue is affecting the edge models, only the regular s6.

I think we'd be hearing more about his issue from s6 owners, but I suspect most users simply don't notice the issue, or if they do, they don't care.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Black S6 64gb here ... AT&T ... phone is about 10 days old ... home button is still solid as a rock, as is the rest of the phone.

Eric Kwan

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Had this problem with my first one, then went back to the store for a replacement. Slight better but still the same problem. Maybe I'll go back for a third time if it continues to bother me haha.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello!!! I have the same issue with the phone... Got it new and 8 days later I felt the sensation and the sound that something was wrong. The company that sold me the phone told me that they have to take it to the repair store so I wont have a phone for a while. I dont know what is going on here.... I had an S4 for 2 years and It still working good... :(

If it bothers you, return and exchange.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

adbailey18

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

After doing a bit of googling I have come across this site and thought I would register to contribute to the thread!

I have had a Galaxy S6 32GB Black Sapphire for just over two weeks, either the home button was fine at first or I have only just noticed, but the home button does feel loose and makes a noise when its lightly tapped. For a premium phone I don't think this should be happening. My Galaxy S3 never had any issue and I had that for around 4 years! Also I have two Samsung tablets and the home buttons have a nice firm press with no movement/noise.

My carrier, EE, have agreed to replace my handset (after a debate about timescales as apparently I was 1 day past my 14 day return policy!!). Once I've got this tomorrow and checked I will let you know whether its any different!

Cheers,

Andy

Ricardo Ramos 551

May 9, 2015
Visit site
So, I bought my galaxy S6 (64Gb Sapphire Black model) 4 days ago and experienced this issue and figured I would create an account to share my story.

Coming from a flawless Note 4, which has the same type of home button, with a different fingerprint scanner, I noticed the rattling and looseness right away, but didn't think much of it. It was a few days later when I was tapping the fingerprint scanner that I really noticed and remembered a difference when compared to my Note 4 and decided to google search it. Sure enough, I found many threads on the matter including this one. Being the OCD freak that I am, I went to the store and after much debate (obviously, the manager didn't think it was an issue although two tech employees agreed it was) and after comparing with a month old, highly abused display model with a rock solid home button I found that it was, in fact, an issue (although once again, the manager disagreed).

Bottom line, I got it replaced and my new phone has a solid and clicky home button, with a very similar feel to that of my Note. I'm really glad I swapped it out and highly recommend you do so too if you have this issue, it's a very expensive phone after all. I can't say how it will hold up over time, but if it gets back to the rattling, I'm probably going to keep it, since it will be a flaw that came over time in an otherwise flawless piece of hardware and probably will happen to all phones, but rattling right off the bat, not acceptable. I'm pretty optimistic about it though, since I had my Note for 4 months and the button was impeccable.

I hope this helped some of you fellow S6 owners and I thank everyone that shared their experience before me.

majgaard

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Got the same problem on my Black Sapphire S6. Annoying. I find myself not wanting to press the button since the feel of it annoys me...

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
So far after 8 days my 64gb black edge us great. No rattle nor is jt loose. Now I will watch for jt since so many of you are having issues.

Taz89

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Saw this thread randomly and decided to check my s6 black version which for the 5 days I had it, I thought I had a perfect phone, no purple spot in camera, battery seems good, screen is fine. Then saw this thread and thought let me see if my home button is OK. Didn't think anything was wrong with it as I never felt a wiggle or anything when pressed. So I took a closer look and there's slight rattle when the right side is tapped but not the left. The actual home button doesn't move but seems like the right side of the top layer maybe isn't glued on properly. It's annoying me now, I just keep tapping the button. Almost wish I never saw this thread lol. It's basically exactly like this s6 on this video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5FoWeDGQZ4
I've got my s6 all set up, media etc transfered, thinking should I go exchange it or will it just be the same or worse have other defects.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Ricardo Ramos 551

May 9, 2015
Visit site
In my case, it started to bother me more when I found the thread, I know I would keep tapping the button every day and be annoyed by it more and more until eventually, after a very long time, I would stop caring. If you're anything like me, I would recommend you get it back to the store, I switched out mine and it came out perfect. Over time it might get back to the rattle, but it's not the same as it being there out of the box, although I don't think it will happen. It's true you might get a worse one or one with a tint on the screen, but If you're dealing with a reasonable retailer, just keep switching until you get a perfect one. From what I've seen, it seems the ones with loose home buttons are not the most common. It's your money, your phone, you should be able to get a flawless s6. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38