Gold S6 Owners, Happy With the Color?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Always had black & white phones which got boring. S^ Edge is my first gold phone & I love it. I did however get the S6 in sapphire black. I like that too.

Taz89

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else gold sometimes get a rainbow effect at some angles depending on how the light hits it.

Posted via the Android Central App

maclifer

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've always had black or silver but decided to go gold on my first Samsung device. No regrets. I figured it'd be fun to go for a "blingy" color.

Love that there are so many choices with Android. And yes, I see the rainbow shimmer occasionally.

I ended up getting a clear Evo Check case.

Taz89

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep the gold here doesn't seem tacky. Sometimes it looks like it's silver which is cool. Good to know it's not only me seeing the rainbow shimmer lol. You think they all do it or its a "defect". Doesn't bother me really but wanted to know if it's normal.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Always had black phones and this decided to pick a colored phone, after see others have new phones in different colors. Now I got S6 blue and its really nice color.

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Love it. Had black phones had white phones this is my first gold phone.
c65ead12fe458da553bffaf3424abc53.jpg

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 6 plus to buy the gold s6 just because of the color. I love it. The best looking phone I have ever had and I'm a dude.

Custnam

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I also have the Gold and the fingerprints on the back drive me nuts. Kinda wishing I went with a white one since the fingerprints barely show up on the white one. Anyone else bothered by the back fingerprints on the Gold?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The Gold color is the only way to go with the S6! So. Good. Something so tacky yet mind blowing about this color. I love it! I went to the Green Emerald galaxy s6 edge and came back to the gold s6 mostly for the color. I know there's gold in the edge version too but it looks way cleaner on the regular version.

Especially with the gold metal rails and the gray antenna bars. Beautiful!

Paul Inwood

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have always had a black phone this time for my s6 I choose gold for a change and love it hope next time I upgrade samsung do another gold phone

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I disagree completely I have the white version and it is beautiful, when the light hits just right it has a beautiful pearl look to it. I see that black as ok looking they whole transition to blue tint seems annoying in my opinion, it looks cool for a little while but if I wanted blue in would have waited for it to come out. To each their own I suppose.

Totally agree, love the white and its what I wanted. I felt like I would get tired of the gold very quickly, even though its pretty. Ive always had black phones and I'm very tired of them, plus I dont think the black/blue looks good on the S6. Its definitely best in a light color and the white looks best of all to me. Love it!

Custnam

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I decided to return my gold one to T-Mobile that I got through "Jump". Then I bought a mint condition/ clean ESN white one on Ebay for 349.99. Great deal if it really is mint.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Love the gold. Love how it transforms into different colors at times. Yes, you do see fingerprints, but a quick polish reveals its beauty anew. Honestly, there are days where I've set it down while working on something and looked over because it still catches my eye, especially when it's reflecting the colors around it as though it's a different phone than the one I sat down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress