Samsung s6 completely died

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you just bought it yesterday, file a claim on ebay for "not as described", as the seller never disclosed this condition to you. You should get a full refund. Then buy from the carrier or other authorized source so you have warranty in tact.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Good to know. Never bought anything on eBay.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. Never bought anything on eBay.

Most of the sellers offer a full refund/exchange as it is their business & are suppose to list phones as New, Seller Refurbished or used. It is the one off one time sale that I worry about. But even then ebay has a pretty robust policy to protect against nefarious sellers.

EricThomas4 - You may have got a lemon with this particular phone that you have, the mass majority of S6's do not have these issues. If you liked the phone enough to buy one, find another seller or place to purchase one. This issue could have happened to any brand with any op system.

Sorry this happened to you & good luck getting this worked out. Hope you update us on what you learn or how you solve the problem. You may save others a similar headache.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Most of the sellers offer a full refund/exchange as it is their business & are suppose to list phones as New, Seller Refurbished or used. It is the one off one time sale that I worry about. But even then ebay has a pretty robust policy to protect against nefarious sellers.

EricThomas4 - You may have got a lemon with this particular phone that you have, the mass majority of S6's do not have these issues. If you liked the phone enough to buy one, find another seller or place to purchase one. This issue could have happened to any brand with any op system.

Sorry this happened to you & good luck getting this worked out. Hope you update us on what you learn or how you solve the problem. You may save others a similar headache.

Refund policy is for buyer's remorse.

Even if the seller said no refunds, you could still get a refund as the item is not as described(I am assuming that the seller didn't disclose this problem in the auction).

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't buy phones from ebay, but that's just me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here. A friend bought a phone (HTC one m7) from eBay three weeks ago and they shipped him an HTC evo 4g by mistake. He just got in the mail what he ordered yesterday. Three weeks without his phone is ludicrous.

The exact same thing happened to me today.
I just texted and then 5 minutes after the phone suddenly died.
There are dozens of the same problem related.

I wonder if you guys are getting knockoffs?

Last edited by a moderator:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if you guys are getting knockoffs?

There are knockoffs that are just plain bad but some of the clones from the Far East appear pretty darn close. It is always nice to get a bargain on a car or other large extravagance but you get what you pay for. It is important to question and be suspicious of an extremely low price and just blindly trust a third party who may not be a licensed reseller. Great thing I heard recently on eBay about being to remedy a situation by using not as advertised. This is just my opinion and not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way for those wondering.

rheybeez

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 did the exact same thing as OP. Tried your soft reset (volume down and power), as that is the only combo I didn't try. IT WORKED!!! Phone is back up and running just like new! Thank you!!!

Time Whimey

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you guys. I bought a brand new Galaxy S6 last week direct from the service provider.

This morning after a wireless charge I was surprised to find that there was absolutely no reaction from the phone. No screen upon pressing the power button, no nothing.

I came upon this thread and read about the soft reset (power button and volume down) and hey presto I had the screen come back to life. I was happy that the issue wasn't a major concern.

Thanks for the advice

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
This has happened now 2x on my mother in laws phone. Both times she was on a phone call and it just shut off. Only way to get it back on was using the power and volume buttons. Next time I'm bringing it for a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This has happened now 2x on my mother in laws phone. Both times she was on a phone call and it just shut off. Only way to get it back on was using the power and volume buttons. Next time I'm bringing it for a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Go ahead and get it replaced. Got to keep Mother-in-law happy.

sgainous7

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Leslie, this just happened to me Sunday, 6/21 night. I was texting my sister and some time had gone by of not receiving her reply. I picked up the phone and the screen was completely black. I tried powering up the phone, thinking maybe the battery died and I missed the notification. I plugged it in and the red light didn't even come on indicating that it was charging. I left it plugged for about an hour, then moved it to an outlet in a different room in case something was wrong with the living room outlet... Nothing! The phone was on the charger all night and the next morning, still NOTHING. It was completely dead. I called TMobile Monday morning and they had me hold the power button, home button and the volume up buttons all at once, but again NOTHING. They couldn't figure it out either.

I loved my phone and handled it like a baby. I had recently purchased the Samsung case for the Edge in the chrome silver color, very sleek. I never dropped it, had it anywhere near fluids, etc and it just dies. I just received the replacement phone today. Hopefully, this will not happen again.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That sucks! Back in April I ordered a brand new computer off QVC and 5 days later it just died on me! Took about a week and repair guy came out and replaced the mother board. I could have got a new replacement but that would have taken longer.

For expensive stuff I try buying in person from the store.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Leslie, this just happened to me Sunday, 6/21 night. I was texting my sister and some time had gone by of not receiving her reply. I picked up the phone and the screen was completely black. I tried powering up the phone, thinking maybe the battery died and I missed the notification. I plugged it in and the red light didn't even come on indicating that it was charging. I left it plugged for about an hour, then moved it to an outlet in a different room in case something was wrong with the living room outlet... Nothing! The phone was on the charger all night and the next morning, still NOTHING. It was completely dead. I called TMobile Monday morning and they had me hold the power button, home button and the volume up buttons all at once, but again NOTHING. They couldn't figure it out either.

I loved my phone and handled it like a baby. I had recently purchased the Samsung case for the Edge in the chrome silver color, very sleek. I never dropped it, had it anywhere near fluids, etc and it just dies. I just received the replacement phone today. Hopefully, this will not happen again.

It's a shame that when you call T-Mobile, Samsung, Best Buy or any other carrier, it seems that NONE of them know that in ALL our phones a soft reset will fix most if not all of this issues, instead of Power, home and Volume buttons, you just need to Press and Hold Power and Volume down buttons for about 5-7 seconds.

sgainous7

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gator352, I certainly didn't purchase a knock off. I pre-ordered my Edge from T-Mobile and received it before it was officially released. I had no issues with the phone at all (other than it not holding a long charge) until 6/21/15 when it died while I was texting as well. I'm sure that it is possible that there are lemons out there in the midst of all of the other S6's that are functioning just fine. A few of us happened to not be so fortunate.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note :Cleaned up some posts. Let's keep on topic and constructive.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

AshBlue32

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I was just sitting at work having the worse day as is. Phone decided to shut off and not come back on. Just wanted to cry it has been one thing after another. Read your blog about holding button down, ta da!!!! The only thing that made me smile today. Thank YOUUUUUUUUUU